Lint free rags?

I've been trying to find lint free rags that really ARE lint free. Seems I buy lint free and all kinds of "stuff" comes out of them when I use them. Which brand of lint free rags have you found to work best for you? I'm open to the free suggestions too, like an old pair of (insert brand here) underwear but I usually run out of the free stuff or SWMBO yells at me for ruining something that was still wearable. "Hey Grandma, just so you know, I wiped on that beautiful, lint free finish on your new cutting board with my old UNDERWEAR!"....hehe.
Seriously though, which lint free rags would you recommend for applying finishes such as wipe on poly, etc.
David
I use cheesecloth covered sponge for applying oil/poly/wax finishes and stains, then put it in a baggie and pop it in the freezer, where it will generally last a few months. The "rags in a box" also work surprisingly well IME, and are more "lint free" than most rags sold for the purpose.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 9/21/03

As per a FWW article on quick drying oil finishes, I use VIVA brand paper towels.
They have no lint, but are wimpy. They tear and wear out easily and quickly. You will use a lot of them. Also, you will need to be careful on endgrain and on places where the grain isn't so smooth, such as oak that hasn't been sanded very well.
The other benefit of this particular brand name, is that there is no 'quilting pattern' to leave streaks.
--
please remove @com.com and change att and dott to @ and .

Thanks, Sam (trying to minimize spam)
TACK Cloth can be purchased at the Paint department of your local BORG.

open
know,
"Bag of Rags" from Rockler. I justed used some to apply a gel urethane. Worked great.
Brian.

open
know,
David P wrote:

One of my friends daughter used to work of a high class restaurant. I asked her what they did with their old linen tablecloths once they were worn out, explaining that I could use some for applying finishes. A few days later she came home with a large garbage bag full of neatly folded tablecloths. I've been using the ever since. They work well and I probably have a lifetime supply.

asked her

Yeah - I had a similar situation. Except I made the mistake of asking what happened to the leftover fish that came back to the kitchen... Haven't eaten "breaded filets" since.