LINK - Steel Insert

http://www.mcfeelys.com/subcat.asp?subcat .15.4
Hadn't seen anything quite like this before. Wouldn't be anything I would use, probably, but thought I'd pass it along.
JOAT Plans? Plans? Don' need no steenkin' plans.

I know it's overkill, but I use threaded inserts in tabletops to hold the fastener that attaches the top to the base. I've seen ones that are intended to be driven with a flat screwdriver, and others (like the ones at McFeelys) that are driven with an hex key. I far prefer the hex key-driven ones and use a T-handled hex driver.
todd
On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 13:52:18 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote:

I always have a pack of them (in each size) in the cupboard. It's a rare MDF jig that doesn't have at least one of them in there somewhere.
Wed, Aug 31, 2005, 12:39am (EDT+5) snipped-for-privacy@codesmiths.com (AndyDingley) doth say: I always have a pack of them (in each size) in the cupboard. It's a rare MDF jig that doesn't have at least one of them in there somewhere.
So far, I've gotten by with T-nuts.
JOAT Plans? Plans? Don' need no steenkin' plans.
On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 15:05:23 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote:

I've never been too keen on those in MDF. The screw-in inserts also mount from the face side, which is sometimes useful.