Lining a Speaker Cabinet

that I was in the company of such

Absolutely.

Reply to
Robatoy

Only if it's his own sand in his own sand monitor.

Reply to
B A R R Y

that I was in the company of such

This discussion is getting ridiculous.

Unless you're using audiophile approved, bi-amp connected, 000 AWG oxygen-free battery cables to connect these speakers to a 10,000 watt amplifier, that in turn has an oxygen-free copper power cord connected to a $100 AC receptacle, any discussion of the enclosures is moot, so to speak.

Furthermore, if the residence in question has aluminum wire in the power feed to the building, any audiophile worth his salt is going to hear the distortion caused by the aluminum to copper interconnect in the service panel. Forget the damping in the speakers for now and break out the backhoe

Reply to
Wes Stewart

I like constructive dialogue like this, and I can only hope it doesn't get silly. Hell, man, I can hear it if the neighbour's bathroom lightbulb isn't screwed in tight enough. It adds a grainy dimensional aberration in the upper-mid highs' 3rd layered harmonics (odd-order harmonics of course...goes without saying.) Especially detectable when into Hendrixx's Star Spangled Banner at 1:28 minutes. Either that, or Jimmy was nibbling at the callous on his left index finger again. Alas, we may never know.

Robatoy