Like a kid in'a candy store

Hi all.
I feel so fortunate. So much good karma lately:
My daughter, in training as a dessert & pasrty chef, will be working a Bern's Steakhouse in Tampa thru November.
My wife & I, and our partners have had Coffee 'N Cream open for a bit more than a week now, and people really like the place.
I've been wanting a resaw bandsaw for some time and I just purchased a lightly used Laguna LT-16 w/ numerous extra blades including 2 Lenox Carbide resaw blades. Testing this saw, I was able to slice off pieces about the thickness of a quarter from a big chunk of cherry -- freehand. AND before buying this saw, I called SWMBO to make certain she wouldn't object. Her response was, "You buy anything you want for your shop as long as you don't have to store stuff on the deck anymore."
My Brother-In-Law came by this weekend and we continued wiring circuits for the shop (allowing me to remove extension cords). The table saw is now on a dedicated 20 AMP circuit w/ a 10 ga. cord-- instant power increase ;p
Life is Wonderful. I wish my good fortune on all of you too.
Gary
Well congratulations. Sounds like what goes around comes around and you're on the receiving end. The fact that it's all good says something about you.
Now about that 2 inch bandsaw blade... The LT16s (16, 16SEC and 16HD) only have a max throat of 12 plus a bit inches so you won't be doing wood-mizer (tm) logs with it. Though wider is better may be true for cars it ain't necessarily so on bandsaws. Wide blades require more tension which means more stress and strain on the bearings etc. AND a lot more friction when cutting. For most resawing a 1/2" 3 TPI blade will work just fine.
You might want to build a better table for your saw though with an adjustable fence of course. Here's more about it (all one line -watch the line wrap)
www.wood-workers.com/users/charlieb/!M&T/ConversationsWithWood.html
Have fun with the bandsaw. Be aware however that you're going to start noticing mini-logs on the side of the road and listening for chainsaws in your neighborhood. Won't be long before a chainsaw goes on your tools acquistion list and one will end up in your trunk - just in case. DAMHIKT
Enjoy!
charlie b

Charlie, I rambled around your page ( lots of work in it) but never found the resaw table additon link.
Wes