Lifting a Delta Unisaw

Page 2 of 2
Larry C wrote:

Plus this allows you to slide it to the end of the bed and tilt it off the gate, onto its feet, on the ground.
--

-MIKE-

On Fri, 11 Sep 2009 09:38:58 -0500, Ignoramus10071

There are only 4 bolts holding the top on. Removing these will let you take off the top with the fence attached if you like. Then you can easily move the box and motor with a two wheel dolly.
Mike O.

I missed the beginning of this thread. Is this a contractor style saw or a cabinet saw? If it's contractor style, it should be too difficult to remove the motor too, eliminated a significant amount of weight and reducing the bulkiness of the saw.

here's a picture.
http://yabe.algebra.com/~ichudov/misc/ebay/Delta-Unisaw/Delta-Unisaw-0020.jpg

I'd agree then, removing the motor would be too much aggravation. As suggested, removing the table top and wings seems the most prudent option for transport. The rest ~ just make sure you don't crush any fingers and are wearing steel toed boots.
wrote in message

Larry C
Put a mobile base on it then roll it down some metal ramps.
Len
Two good legitimate approaches:
1. Turn the saw upside down. Put on pallet or slide onto a blanket or cardboard. I have a good friend who is a cabinet maker who takes his unisaw to work in his van this way quite normally.
2. Take the top off. Do NOT sling or load by the trunnions. Sling or carry by the case.
--
Keep the whole world singing . . . .