Life Is Basically Good.

Page 1 of 2
A couple of weeks ago went into the big city, and stopped at Harbor Freight. Always fun, even if for no other reason than just to enjoy the smell of new tools. Got a nice 16' tape measure, for keeping in my truck, in a sickly florecent green color that I doubt my sons will even touch, let alone "borrow". Hehehe Before I came back home, stopped at my usual used bookstore. They had probably an even larger varied of used woodworking books then usual, but unfortunately none I wanted.
Then about a week later my older son took me in so I could have a colonoscopy done. Good results. But, not only got to spend some qualty time with him, for a change, but we stopped off at HF agan. Picked up a couple of small items.
Got my glaucoma tested again, doing very well on that. Eye prescription hadn't changed from last year, so don't need to shell out for that.
Then today, talked with the bank, about a loan so I could get the pad poured for my garage. Approved, even as we talked. I knew paying those bills was good for something. Heh heh. So, now all that's left is the paperwork, and finding someone to do the work. That'll free up the space in my shop the younger kid has his junk in, and will give him space to store the engine in various vehicles around my yard. His excuse is "no place to store the engines", so he just leaves the entire vehicle there. I plan to section off a space in there, reserved just for me and my projects - which will include lumber storage - but, that'll still leave him about 4/5s of the space.
Life is basically good.
JOAT Any plan is bad which is incapable of modification. - Publilius Syrus
On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 16:22:29 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote:

Nice to hear. Keep us up to date on the new shop.
Barry
(J T)

I know what you mean about the good....just like last week, I got free tickets to the Cher concert...... ...and post some pictures on your site(or a.b.p.w.) of the progress.... :-)
Larry

And you tell people? <G>
Barry
That's a good thing? Just kiddin.
David
Lawrence L'Hote wrote:

(J T)

She's a bigger restoration project than any we've talked about here.
B.
On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 23:09:18 +0000, Buddy Matlosz wrote:

Yabbut, for multiple refurbs, Joan Rivers is the all time record holder.
-Doug
Is it correct to call her "Joan Rivers" anymore? Hasn't she crossed that threshold, like Paddy's axe, where the original doesn't really exist and she has become something else entirely...
--

Greg

"Doug Winterburn" < snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com> wrote in message
On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 23:09:18 GMT, "Buddy Matlosz"

To quote the irrepressible Tom Leher: "To think of all the marvelous ways they're using plastics nowadays"
--RC

Sleep? Isn't that a totally inadequate substitute for caffine?

what the heck is good about that? listening to a walking advertisement for plastic surgery screech for more than eight seconds is way too much. and she's got the village people (!) opening for her. aren't they dead or something?
"Jon Endres, PE" wrote in message

for
... and thank Gawd/Allah for Antares Autotune.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 11/06/04

So what's the "good" part?
GTO(John)

Hey! Cher has NOTHING to do with Wood. Now Uma Thermond . . .
On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 14:50:11 GMT, "U-CDK_CHARLES\\Charles" <"Charles
It depends on what gives one wood. <G>
She dosen't do it for me, either.
Barry
Tue, Nov 16, 2004, 9:56pm (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@mchsi.com (LawrenceL'Hote) is apparently bragging: <snip> I got free tickets to the Cher concert......<snip>
And, you didn't wonder why they were free? Well, at least they weren't for Barry Manilow.
JOAT Measure twice, cut once, swear repeatedly.
the question... Tue, Nov 16, 2004, 9:56pm (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@mchsi.com (Lawrence L'Hote) is apparently bragging: <snip> I got free tickets to the Cher concert......<snip>
And, you didn't wonder why they were free? Well, at least they weren't for Barry Manilow.
...bragging? you know I was. I can't give the particulars to my 'good fortune', here, because you never know who is looking. For example, several weeks ago I made a remark about the new arena (on this newsgroup) in which the aged Cher had her show and a local newspaper reporter Googled around and found my remark. Anyhows, he wanted to do an interview regarding my remark. Actually, I don't give a diddly squat about Cher but I went to her show for just the event.... Was sure more entertaining for a Thursday evening than going to HD and fondling some tools.
Larry
Sad, so sad. Cher, going to HD; next I suppose you'll be telling us how you admire Bob V on TV. Sigh.
JOAT Measure twice, cut once, swear repeatedly.

Well I'm damned glad to hear it. Hope you have many more years of good life.
You remind me of the Citi Bank commercials. They show people dancing, or enjoying a hobby and just having fun and just say to "Live Richly". I bet they could use you in one of their ads.
Tue, Nov 16, 2004, 4:22pm snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (JT) I had rotten (past tense of writ): <snip>Then today, talked with the bank, about a loan so I could get the pad poured <snip>
Hoo ha. Got a call this morning, all the paper work was ready, anytime I could come by. Was able to get to the bank and sign everything today. I had applied for $10,000, but the nice loan lady bumped it up to $25,000, because I would get a better interest rate. Nice of her. Home mortage equity line of credit (or something like that) - I can use as much, or as little, as I choose, and only get charged interest on what I use. Can also claim the interest on my taxes. She told me I should get the "checks" in the mail, the first of next week. I'll be using a little of it to pay off a credit card and a credit card loan that are eating me up on interest. Don't ever use a credit card, if you can help it - MUCH better gong to your bank and getting a $5,000 signature loan - interest is much, much, MUCH, lower than a credit card. Wish I'd known that before.
So, looks like I'll be spending a bit of time talking with the permit office, and finding someone to do the work. Been awhile in coming, but am now in a financial position I can go ahead with this. It'll be 24X31, and a lot of it'll be taken up by the kid, and his vehicle projects, and tools. But, I'll still have a fair size portion off-limits to him, just for my use, including wood storage, and larger woodworking projects. Lovely. Now I can go ahead and finalze the bed design I've been thinking about.
And, yep, I will be taking pictures, and be posting a link.
JOAT Measure twice, cut once, swear repeatedly.
J T wrote:

Ayup. Doesn't get much better than that. :-)     mahalo,     jo4hn