Life Is Basically Good.

A couple of weeks ago went into the big city, and stopped at Harbor Freight. Always fun, even if for no other reason than just to enjoy the smell of new tools. Got a nice 16' tape measure, for keeping in my truck, in a sickly florecent green color that I doubt my sons will even touch, let alone "borrow". Hehehe Before I came back home, stopped at my usual used bookstore. They had probably an even larger varied of used woodworking books then usual, but unfortunately none I wanted.

Then about a week later my older son took me in so I could have a colonoscopy done. Good results. But, not only got to spend some qualty time with him, for a change, but we stopped off at HF agan. Picked up a couple of small items.

Got my glaucoma tested again, doing very well on that. Eye prescription hadn't changed from last year, so don't need to shell out for that.

Then today, talked with the bank, about a loan so I could get the pad poured for my garage. Approved, even as we talked. I knew paying those bills was good for something. Heh heh. So, now all that's left is the paperwork, and finding someone to do the work. That'll free up the space in my shop the younger kid has his junk in, and will give him space to store the engine in various vehicles around my yard. His excuse is "no place to store the engines", so he just leaves the entire vehicle there. I plan to section off a space in there, reserved just for me and my projects - which will include lumber storage - but, that'll still leave him about 4/5s of the space.

Life is basically good.

JOAT Any plan is bad which is incapable of modification.

- Publilius Syrus

Reply to
J T

Nice to hear. Keep us up to date on the new shop.

Barry

Reply to
Ba r r y

I know what you mean about the good....just like last week, I got free tickets to the Cher concert...... ...and post some pictures on your site(or a.b.p.w.) of the progress.... :-)

Larry

Reply to
Lawrence L'Hote

And you tell people?

Barry

Reply to
Ba r r y

That's a good thing? Just kiddin.

David

Lawrence L'Hote wrote:

Reply to
David

She's a bigger restoration project than any we've talked about here.

B.

Reply to
Buddy Matlosz

Yabbut, for multiple refurbs, Joan Rivers is the all time record holder.

-Doug

Reply to
Doug Winterburn

what the heck is good about that? listening to a walking advertisement for plastic surgery screech for more than eight seconds is way too much. and she's got the village people (!) opening for her. aren't they dead or something?

Jon Endres, PE

To quote the irrepressible Tom Leher: "To think of all the marvelous ways they're using plastics nowadays"

--RC

Sleep? Isn't that a totally inadequate substitute for caffine?

Reply to
rcook5

... and thank Gawd/Allah for Antares Autotune.

Reply to
Swingman

Well I'm damned glad to hear it. Hope you have many more years of good life.

You remind me of the Citi Bank commercials. They show people dancing, or enjoying a hobby and just having fun and just say to "Live Richly". I bet they could use you in one of their ads.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

So what's the "good" part?

GTO(John)

Reply to
GTO69RA4

Is it correct to call her "Joan Rivers" anymore? Hasn't she crossed that threshold, like Paddy's axe, where the original doesn't really exist and she has become something else entirely...

Reply to
Greg Millen

Hey! Cher has NOTHING to do with Wood. Now Uma Thermond . . .

Reply to
U-CDK_CHARLES\Charles

It depends on what gives one wood.

She dosen't do it for me, either.

Barry

Reply to
Ba r r y

Tue, Nov 16, 2004, 9:56pm (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@mchsi.com (Lawrence=A0L'Hote) is apparently bragging: I got free tickets to the Cher concert......

And, you didn't wonder why they were free? Well, at least they weren't for Barry Manilow.

JOAT Measure twice, cut once, swear repeatedly.

Reply to
J T

"J T" green with envy, but kind in manner, posed the question... Tue, Nov 16, 2004, 9:56pm (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@mchsi.com (Lawrence L'Hote) is apparently bragging: I got free tickets to the Cher concert......

And, you didn't wonder why they were free? Well, at least they weren't for Barry Manilow.

...bragging? you know I was. I can't give the particulars to my 'good fortune', here, because you never know who is looking. For example, several weeks ago I made a remark about the new arena (on this newsgroup) in which the aged Cher had her show and a local newspaper reporter Googled around and found my remark. Anyhows, he wanted to do an interview regarding my remark. Actually, I don't give a diddly squat about Cher but I went to her show for just the event.... Was sure more entertaining for a Thursday evening than going to HD and fondling some tools.

Larry

Reply to
Lawrence L'Hote

Tue, Nov 16, 2004, 9:56pm (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@mchsi.com (Lawrence L'Hote) is off his meds again: I can't give the particulars going to HD and fondling

Sad, so sad. Cher, going to HD; next I suppose you'll be telling us how you admire Bob V on TV. Sigh.

JOAT Measure twice, cut once, swear repeatedly.

Reply to
J T

Tue, Nov 16, 2004, 4:22pm snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J=A0T) I had rotten (past tense of writ): =A0Then today, talked with the bank, about a loan so I could get the pad poured

Hoo ha. Got a call this morning, all the paper work was ready, anytime I could come by. Was able to get to the bank and sign everything today. I had applied for $10,000, but the nice loan lady bumped it up to $25,000, because I would get a better interest rate. Nice of her. Home mortage equity line of credit (or something like that) - I can use as much, or as little, as I choose, and only get charged interest on what I use. Can also claim the interest on my taxes. She told me I should get the "checks" in the mail, the first of next week. I'll be using a little of it to pay off a credit card and a credit card loan that are eating me up on interest. Don't ever use a credit card, if you can help it - MUCH better gong to your bank and getting a $5,000 signature loan - interest is much, much, MUCH, lower than a credit card. Wish I'd known that before.

So, looks like I'll be spending a bit of time talking with the permit office, and finding someone to do the work. Been awhile in coming, but am now in a financial position I can go ahead with this. It'll be 24X31, and a lot of it'll be taken up by the kid, and his vehicle projects, and tools. But, I'll still have a fair size portion off-limits to him, just for my use, including wood storage, and larger woodworking projects. Lovely. Now I can go ahead and finalze the bed design I've been thinking about.

And, yep, I will be taking pictures, and be posting a link.

JOAT Measure twice, cut once, swear repeatedly.

Reply to
J T

Ayup. Doesn't get much better than that. :-) mahalo, jo4hn

Reply to
jo4hn