Lid supports for Cedar chests

Where the heck can I find lid support hinges for large cedar chests? The ones that keep the lid from falling on somebody's hands. Is there a special hinge store somewhere? Thanks for any help.

special
--
Paul O.
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Woodworkers Supply (and probably others) has them. Called chest hinges and will hold the lid at 90 degrees. I've used them on several cedar chests and they work great. Don't know how large your chest is, the lids for mine were about 16" X 36" and the hinges held fine.
Fred
I just asked this very question of Rockler yesterday. Here's what they said:
We recommend the following supports for this:
http://www.rockler.com/findit.cfm?pageA0

special
wwhardware.com has several different models. The one on our cherry blanket chest lets the lid "float" closed, I was VERY lucky on that one.

I'm with you - had the same problem. I bought from Lee Valley, but their model wasn't able to handle the weight of the lid. I DID buy from Woodworkers Supply.
URL Woodworker.com
They have seven models, which cover a range of torque required to hold up / close gracefully a chest lid. Still working after three years,
wrote:

John Hewitt Malaga Spain
Tue, Jul 20, 2004, 4:42am (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (William) wants to know: Where the heck can I find lid support hinges for large cedar chests? The ones that keep the lid from falling on somebody's hands. Is there a special hinge store somewhere? Thanks for any help.
Or, you can just make a simple prop, the way it used to be done, that fits inside the chest.
JOAT
We've got a lot of experience of not having any experience. - Nanny Ogg
Tue, Jul 20, 2004, 4:42am (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (William) asks: Where the heck can I find lid support hinges for large cedar chests? <snip>
Forgot, in my previous response. You can hinge the lid, so it will pass vertical when it opens, and have a short piece of chain to hold it. You can do the same type of thing, with a sliding wood or metal piece, that has a slot the length of it, or just a hook on the end, and a pin on the side of the chest. Seen various types of each, homemade, and bought.
Remember, just because someone is selling something, doesn't mean you HAVE to buy.