Licensed electrician ?

Page 2 of 2

That is scary. My twelve year old son would qualify for that one!
Mark Rand Bsc. Electrical Engineering & Electronics (a 'competent person' under the UK wiring regs)
RTFM

cian_1.pdf
That's not the application for the license. That is the application to take the test, which you must pass to be qualified to apply for a license.
Paul K. Dickman
On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 19:38:52 -0500, "Paul K. Dickman"

Mea Culpa!!!!
Mark Rand RTFM
Mark Rand wrote:

Read it again. "The applicant must be 21 years of age". Two years verified work experience is required. Also, that's an application to take an exam which has to be passed.

--
--John
Mark Rand wrote:

What I see is :
1. documentation on the person kept in the file - just in case... 2. Tax / a.k.a. fee paid. 3. if licensed this way - at least the customer in trouble can call the city and get some help - or the DA or ....
Martin
--
Martin Eastburn, Barbara Eastburn

Depends on the locality. My dad had licenses from several surrounding towns where he did work but the state didn't have any licensing authority. In many cities, if you had a license from another town, they'd recognize it and issue a local license on the strength of that upon surrendering the proper amount of green. Having a union card helped there, too, since you had to have gone through the apprenticeship program to get one and were, theoretically, properly trained. If the local building code was considerably different than other towns, you might have to study up and pass the test. He had to do that several times when working out of state.
Stan

Union card.
scott
Happens a lot. they simply don't know what they are talking about.

65 ILCS 5 11-37-1 through -4 says *you* don't know what you're talking about.
In Illinois electrician are licensed by the municipality.

In the province of British Columbia Canada as well as most or all of the other provinces I believe that in order to obtain a licence as a Electrician you must first complete a 4 or 5 year apprenticeship, write and pass a IP (inter-provincial red seal) test and then pay money to the licencing board to obtain your Electricians License. Thas is pretty standard for most trades in Canada ie: Welding, steel fabrication, machineing/tool&die, millwright-industrial mechanic, auto mechanic/heavy duty-diesel tech,aircraft maintenance engineer, carpentry ect. ect.

issues
On Sat, 26 Jun 2004 01:21:37 GMT, "onsitewelding"
......and in reply I say!:
And in Oz, we are theoretically not even allowed to change a fuse without a licensed electrician, licensed as shown below. In fact a registered electrician, apprenticed and diploma(ed), still has to get a ticket" to operate independently. He can work for a licensed leccy or as an employee in-house, but not for himself.

So, what's next in the nanny states, requiring an on-site licensed electrician to plug things in or change light bulbs? ... or maybe go the whole way and require one to even switch on the power to any device.

On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 19:49:40 GMT, Mark & Juanita
......and in reply I say!:
It certainly feels that way.
I actually am not sure how much is nanny state, and how much industry power. People were talking of the "Union ticket" being needed.