Library plans

I am in the process of building a library room (11x13) out of solid cherry and would like to have some design ideas. I would really like to build a formal library and am interested in a source of pictures for ideas. I can build from pictures and do not need formal plans. Can anyone help?

Many thanks

Roy

Reply to
Roy

Have you checked the book store or local library yet, Roy?

Reply to
Leon

Reply to
Guess who

I wish I was the Roy rich enough to afford a solid cherry library. But I can't justify that kind of money for just one book, and it's not even colored yet.

Regards, Roy (another one)

Reply to
Roy

I'm impressed. I'd have use regular 2 x 4s and sheetrock.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

So you are not the OP Roy? ;~)

My wife has an Uncle that is an upper end home builder along with his sons in Buffalo. Back in the late 90's his sons built he and his wife a home on the out skirts of town that was a very nice 1 story. IIRC some where around

4,500 sqft. His office was solid cherry. Raised panel paneling, book cases, floor, ceiling, desk, credenza, did I leave anything out? It was a very inviting office.
Reply to
Leon

Watson

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)

Tom Watson

Try:

of pretty pictures.

HTH,

John

Reply to
JPLipe

any know what the movie was, where the room walls, door, desk I think was all the same wood. It looked like rosewood to me. Can't member now... I think someone ended up going out the window.

Reply to
bent

Reply to
Pat Barber

the home page. These are "excellent" high end library ideas.

Roy wrote:

Reply to
Pat Barber

FWIW There are a couple pictures of a cherry library we did here ...

Lenny

Many thanks for your help. The room I am building looks remarkably similar to one of yours. The Cherry I guess. Your pictures were very helpful because I was having a design problem turning a corner and one of your pictures showed exactly the technique that I needed.

Best regards

Roy

Reply to
Roy

Many thanks for your help. This is exactly what I was looking for. I have already built half the room but the remaining half is going to be built using some of the pictures from the site you suggested.

Best regards

Roy

Reply to
Roy

Many tahnks for your help. This is a very helpful site.

Best regards

Roy

Reply to
Roy