Library plans

I am in the process of building a library room (11x13) out of solid cherry and would like to have some design ideas. I would really like to build a formal library and am interested in a source of pictures for ideas. I can build from pictures and do not need formal plans. Can anyone help?
Many thanks
Roy

Have you checked the book store or local library yet, Roy?

I wish I was the Roy rich enough to afford a solid cherry library. But I can't justify that kind of money for just one book, and it's not even colored yet.
Regards, Roy (another one)

So you are not the OP Roy? ;~)
My wife has an Uncle that is an upper end home builder along with his sons in Buffalo. Back in the late 90's his sons built he and his wife a home on the out skirts of town that was a very nice 1 story. IIRC some where around 4,500 sqft. His office was solid cherry. Raised panel paneling, book cases, floor, ceiling, desk, credenza, did I leave anything out? It was a very inviting office.

I'm impressed. I'd have use regular 2 x 4s and sheetrock.

http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1/page2.htm
Regards,
Tom Watson
tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1 /
Try:
http://www.librarydesigns.com /
Lots of pretty pictures.
HTH,
John
any know what the movie was, where the room walls, door, desk I think was all the same wood. It looked like rosewood to me. Can't member now... I think someone ended up going out the window.
-
Many thanks for your help. This is exactly what I was looking for. I have already built half the room but the remaining half is going to be built using some of the pictures from the site you suggested.
Best regards
Roy
http://www.librarydesigns.com/LibraryFurnishings.htm
Roy wrote:

Many tahnks for your help. This is a very helpful site.
Best regards
Roy
http://www.librarydesigns.com/home.htm
is the home page. These are "excellent" high end library ideas.
Roy wrote:

FWIW There are a couple pictures of a cherry library we did here ...
http://www.geocities.com/lenhow/Moore004.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/lenhow/Moore001.jpg
Lenny http://www.geocities.com/lenhow/Work
Many thanks for your help. The room I am building looks remarkably similar to one of yours. The Cherry I guess. Your pictures were very helpful because I was having a design problem turning a corner and one of your pictures showed exactly the technique that I needed.
Best regards
Roy