Liberty Hardware hinge template??

Has anyone recently bought any of their concealo hinges and used the template that is included with the instructions? After some measuring I noticed that the paper template has the screw holes out by about 2 mm. I know it doesn't sound like much, but it makes a big difference.
I just put some in some cabinet doors and the template worked like a charm.
That being said, I usually drill the 35 mm hole, then place the hinges in the holes and use a centering punch to mark the screw locations.
I think that is a much better idea, I will give that a try