LH Primus reform smoothing plane

Hi. Just wondering if anyone has any expiriance with this tool. How is it a "handed" tool ? All 14 of my other planes make no distinction of this feature. I'm interested but at the same time questioning. Which way does the "horn" lean for a southpaw ? Which hand holds the horn to begin with ? Again, I'm interested but also confused...

Reply to
Brian

Is this one of the "horned" models? That is, the front handle is shaped like a horn. If it is, those horns can be slanted--by ECE--in either direciton and might be the rationale behind calling it "handed" in one direction or another.

Reply to
Charlie Self

for Working Wood sells the ECE Primus Reform Smooth Plane in both a right and left hand version. As already stated, the horn leans a different direction.

Reply to
russellseaton1