Leveling Casters - Opinions

Hello All,

Background first. I have a delta contractors saw with the delta over arm blade guard. This saw is on the original Delta legs with two "screw down casters". It is a beast to move around my garage.

I am planning on builing a new table saw station for the saw to move it around. I am planning on doing the following:

am sort of leary of using just "breaking" casters for the table. So in my research I have found these leveling casters:

casters are rated for 300 lbs each so 4 of them should be able to work with the saw and the table. My concern is with the weight of the table and the ease of which the caster will raise or lower. It appears that a manual spin of the ring on the caster is needed.

The questions - anyone with experience with these things know how hard it may be to raise that much weight with these things even though they are rated for the weight? Pro's of this approach? Cons?

Really any input as to this idea before I spend the money would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

Reply to
Eric_Scantlebury

All of my tools are on casters with 1/2 bolts to use as levelers. see:

Max

Eric,

I have no experience with the caster/levelers you propose. That said, I looked at the picture and I would think that you have to use your thumb to actuate the leveler portion. I expect it is a lot of turns by your thumb since you don't get much swing for each push. Multiply that by how much you need to raise the saw (floor uneveness) and how often you wish to move the saw around. I would probably find it a pain to use this hardware and opt for something more user friendly (i.e. a knob that could be turned more easily).

Just my take on it.

Good luck, Bill Leonhardt

Reply to
Bill Leonhardt