Let's see the ATF regulate THIS

More, but still quite rare. Sawdust generally is not nearly as fine as is grain dust, hence much harder to get into sufficient concentration to make an explosive mixture and iirc the ignition point is higher as well.

--

Reply to
dpb

Also, some of the silo explosions are dust as well as 'silo gas', which I am guessing to be methane related?

Reply to
Robatoy

But if it's for the children... (national debt does not count).

Reply to
HeyBub

On Tue, 24 Feb 2009 12:08:15 -0600, Leon cast forth these pearls of wisdom...:

Perhaps, but therein lies a big part of the issue. The silo itself is a big contributor to the necessary environment for an explosion. It enables the concentrations and air mixtures required. Not the same environment as found in workshops.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

Think of it as a self correcting condition. The shop needs a good cleaning, pronto, when the air gets that thick with dust. A quick fire ball to kick off the event is appropriate. Most the time, though, I keep the road flares far away, and never but never put a lit one where the DC might snatch it.

Reply to
MikeWhy