Leslie Nielsen, RIP

Must we all buy Veritas now?
Father Haskell wrote:

Shirley you jest
On Mon, 29 Nov 2010 22:28:26 -0800 (PST), Father Haskell

<groan>
Just for that, you must buy Buck blades from now on.
-- Happiness is not a station you arrive at, but a manner of traveling. -- Margaret Lee Runbeck
On 11/30/2010 1:28 AM, Father Haskell wrote:

What make you ask that?
says...

It's a joke. One of those that if it has to be explained you won't get.
Lee-Nielsen and Veritas are the major manufacturers of good quality planes available in the US (there are some others but you have to seek them out, they aren't widely marketed). Leslie Nielsen, the actor, as far as I know had no relation to Lee-Nielsen the manufacturer, but it's still an obvious play on the name to suggest that the demise of Mr. Nielsen means that Lee-Nielsen planes are no longer available.
On 11/30/2010 11:08 AM, J. Clarke wrote:

Sorry, I didn't read the subject line. Another one for the "bottom-10" list! : )
Bill

No, no, no..... the joke is "RIP".
As opposed to cross-cut.
-Zz
Zz Yzx wrote:

These are right down there with the nuns w/soap "joke".
Bill

The nuns/soap joke was a "non-sequitur". My response was a "groaner".
BIG dif.
-Zz

Nah. I'm with Bill on that one. BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT, ZZyzx.
-- Happiness is not a station you arrive at, but a manner of traveling. -- Margaret Lee Runbeck

Lie Nielsen is another plane maker. Play on words.
http://www.lie-nielsen.com/ Berry nice; Festeringly expensive.
-- Happiness is not a station you arrive at, but a manner of traveling. -- Margaret Lee Runbeck
On 11/30/2010 12:15 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

Yes, Last time only 10 or 20 pages into the catalog I nearly broke out in a sweat adding up the numbers. Nice enough stuff though, huh? ;)
Bill
On 11/30/10 2:17 PM, Bill wrote:

I hope I am creating a monster. :-)
--
Froz...

Whereas Leslie Nielsen starred in Airplane.
A classic case of synchronicity if ever I've heard one, causality burps once again.

As a tribute, I just finished re-engraving all of my Lie Nielsen tools to read Leslie Nielsen. And surely, I'm not jesting. Marc
On 12/1/2010 6:47 AM, marc rosen wrote:

5t5_O8hdA
In article <cce4fece-e420-423f-aed2-

At least you didn't engrave them "Shirley".