Leslie Nielsen, RIP

Must we all buy Veritas now?

Reply to
Father Haskell

Shirley you jest

Reply to
ChairMan

Just for that, you must buy Buck blades from now on.

-- Happiness is not a station you arrive at, but a manner of traveling. -- Margaret Lee Runbeck

Reply to
Larry Jaques

What make you ask that?

Reply to
Bill

It's a joke. One of those that if it has to be explained you won't get.

Lee-Nielsen and Veritas are the major manufacturers of good quality planes available in the US (there are some others but you have to seek them out, they aren't widely marketed). Leslie Nielsen, the actor, as far as I know had no relation to Lee-Nielsen the manufacturer, but it's still an obvious play on the name to suggest that the demise of Mr. Nielsen means that Lee-Nielsen planes are no longer available.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Lie Nielsen is another plane maker. Play on words.

Berry nice; Festeringly expensive.

-- Happiness is not a station you arrive at, but a manner of traveling. -- Margaret Lee Runbeck

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Sorry, I didn't read the subject line. Another one for the "bottom-10" list! : )

Bill

Reply to
Bill

Yes, Last time only 10 or 20 pages into the catalog I nearly broke out in a sweat adding up the numbers. Nice enough stuff though, huh? ;)

Bill

Reply to
Bill

You will love

then.

I hope I am creating a monster. :-)

Reply to
FrozenNorth

No, no, no..... the joke is "RIP".

As opposed to cross-cut.

-Zz

Reply to
Zz Yzx

Whereas Leslie Nielsen starred in Airplane.

A classic case of synchronicity if ever I've heard one, causality burps once again.

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 -- Margaret Lee Runbeck

Reply to
Father Haskell

These are right down there with the nuns w/soap "joke".

Bill

Reply to
Bill

The nuns/soap joke was a "non-sequitur". My response was a "groaner".

BIG dif.

-Zz

Reply to
Zz Yzx

Nah. I'm with Bill on that one. BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT, ZZyzx.

-- Happiness is not a station you arrive at, but a manner of traveling. -- Margaret Lee Runbeck

Reply to
Larry Jaques

As a tribute, I just finished re-engraving all of my Lie Nielsen tools to read Leslie Nielsen. And surely, I'm not jesting. =20 Marc

Reply to
marc rosen

Just Wondering

At least you didn't engrave them "Shirley".

Reply to
J. Clarke