Leon, your festool is cheap compared to the new kid on the block.

Mafelle, check out Timberwolf USA's duo driller. Neat little tool, well designed, but the Domino might be a better choice still.

Reply to
woodchucker

gotta link?

Reply to
Leon

On Fri, 23 Aug 2013 22:46:30 -0400, woodchucker

Dunno, maybe he's talking about this. If so, doesn't seem so expensive to me.

none

It is a Mafell duo dowel system.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

On Sat, 24 Aug 2013 01:51:40 -0400, "Lee Michaels"

One Mafell tool that really peaks my interests is their self propelled track saw. It's been talked about here before, but I think it deserves repeated mention. At $2500 it's not cheap, but there you go.

none

And it only weighs 17 kg.

Reply to
G. Ross

On Sat, 24 Aug 2013 04:24:39 -0400, "G. Ross"

Yeah, but that's with the guides which need some weight to hold the pin points in place. ~ Anyway, much lighter than hauling your contractor's saw out to a job site.

Considering my circumstances, it would be something I'd seriously consider under the proper conditions. Have to see if I can find some real user opinions on the thing.

Reply to
none

There is a much less expensive Euro alternative.

I'll stick with the Domino, even if it wears out. ;~)

Reply to
Leon

Certainly not as good if you watch this:

This has a much better alignment design.

I would agree. But thought you might like to see this in action.

Reply to
woodchucker