Leon, your festool is cheap compared to the new kid on the block.

Mafelle, check out Timberwolf USA's duo driller. Neat little tool, well designed, but the Domino might be a better choice still.
--
Jeff

On 8/23/2013 9:46 PM, woodchucker wrote:

Dunno, maybe he's talking about this. If so, doesn't seem so expensive to me.
http://www.timberwolftools.com/tools/mafell/MAF-DD40P.html
"Lee Michaels" <leemichaels*nadaspam* at comcast dot net> wrote in message

It is a Mafell duo dowel system.
<http://www.timberwolftools.com/tools/mafell/MAF-DD40P.html
On Sat, 24 Aug 2013 01:51:40 -0400, "Lee Michaels"

One Mafell tool that really peaks my interests is their self propelled track saw. It's been talked about here before, but I think it deserves repeated mention. At $2500 it's not cheap, but there you go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvwrUMHu2oc

snipped-for-privacy@none.com wrote:

And it only weighs 17 kg.
--
 GW Ross

 Laugh, and the world ignores you.

Yeah, but that's with the guides which need some weight to hold the pin points in place. ~ Anyway, much lighter than hauling your contractor's saw out to a job site.
Considering my circumstances, it would be something I'd seriously consider under the proper conditions. Have to see if I can find some real user opinions on the thing.
On 8/24/2013 12:51 AM, Lee Michaels wrote:

There is a much less expensive Euro alternative.
(Amazon.com product link shortened)
I'll stick with the Domino, even if it wears out. ;~)
On 8/24/2013 10:46 AM, Leon wrote:

Certainly not as good if you watch this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUj-zsxu3DY&feature=em-uploademail
This has a much better alignment design.

I would agree. But thought you might like to see this in action.
--
Jeff