Leigh it on me

A CL find for me -- brand new Super 12 with VRS kit for $280. Happy dovetails to me, happy dovetails to me :-)
Larry
On 1/4/2012 6:19 PM, Gramp's shop wrote:

Have you bought it yet???
On 1/5/2012 6:47 AM, Leon wrote:

Yup ... should have it tomorrow. I thought I shopped it pretty thoroughly. No?
On 1/5/2012 11:44 AM, Gramp's shop wrote:

Size might be an issue. If you use variable spacing tails and pins you are going to be limited to a 6" long joint if you want both sides of a drawer/whatever to look the same. Basically you use both sides of the jig. If you use symmetrical spacing this will not be an issue.
Thanks, Leon. I am just starting assembly now. 6" ought to be OK. If not, I'll pull out the Praxi.
On 1/5/2012 1:34 PM, Leon wrote:

On 1/6/2012 2:17 PM, Gramp's shop wrote:

Give us a report!
On 1/6/2012 2:29 PM, Leon wrote:

Set up complete, but missing the 8mm collet reducer. Nutz. Hoping local Woodcraft or Rockler has one, otherwise will need to wait for Leigh to open on Monday.
Bought a nice piece of zebrawood for a little box project to break it in.