Leigh D4R VRS

I finally got my back ordered VRS, and have to say that it works very well.

I did four sets (16 corners) of through dovetails today on a statue stand, and the VRS got about 95% of the junk. NONE of the chips ended up on me, the missing 5% was either in the jig or on the floor. I used the 2" adaptor to my Shop Vac, powered via a Craftsman auto-switch, and all was well. I'd buy the VRS again.

Leigh should give everyone who bought a $38 old-style vacuum pickup a half price VRS, as the old version wasn't worth crap.

Reply to
Bonehenge (B A R R Y)

I too just received the VRS for my D4R that has been backordered since early March (so much for the "coming soon" ads). I've been anxious to try it but I'm in the middle of a big project that has my full attention, and it doesn't need any dovetails, so I haven't had the chance to use it yet. It's nice to know that the VRS works as good as it's supposed to and worth waiting this long to get it.

Charley

Reply to
Charley

The only downside is that if you've been skipping the plastic fillers and routing at eye level, you'll need to learn a new method. The VRS blocks a lot of the view of the cut. You can still "kinda" see, but not like before. I was thinking of mounting an LED light to the bottom of the VRS.

Did you get suckered for the old-style Leigh vacuum pickup?

Reply to
Bonehenge (B A R R Y)

Of course I got one. Didn't everybody? Actually, I've found that it does a pretty good job of collecting router dust when routing the edges of long boards. At least it works better for that than it does with the dovetail jig, good enough for me to keep it around and not pitch it.

Charley

Reply to
Charley