Leigh D4: Where to Buy?

Hi all
I keep just missing out on Leigh D4 auction on eBay. Where can I buy one? If you have had good expierence with a reseller I would like to know.
Chef
Add pictures here
βœ–
LeeValley
--
Mike

"Master Chef Richard Campbell" < snipped-for-privacy@ameritech.net> a ιcrit dans le
βœ–
I got mine from highland hardware. Arrived in great shape (original packaging from Leigh, actually). I actually bought the combo D4+15 bit set (also from Leigh). Here's a link:
http://www.tools-for-woodworking.com/product.asp?3 14
Mike

If
Add pictures here
βœ–
I got mine at Woodcraft, and used my "Birthday Month" 10% off coupon. It was worth it. Way wprth it.
-JBB
Add pictures here
βœ–

Hello Master Chef:
Try WoodCraft....usually a fair price and also good service...many of the stores have classes on the jig and they are very familiar with the jig if you have a question or operating problem. We have 6 jigs here at the school and I love the Leigh Jig. Easy to teach and easy for the students to learn. Good Luck, Mike from American Sycamore www.americansycamoreretreat.com
Add pictures here
βœ–
My experience is that woodcraft prices on leigh jigs is a bit high. I purchased my D4 a couple years ago from the local woodcraft (my first big purchase like that).
Go to the leigh webpage http://www.leighjigs.com / where they list the places that sell their stuff this will get you links and phone numbers to call to confirm availability and price.
Either Leevalley or highlnad will have the lowest price.
The guyes at highland are very helpful. I purchased an FMT and MMT from them recently. The guyes and leeValley are also very helpful. I got an F1 from them this summer. Finally, everyone at Leigh is extremely helpful. If I need a part I call them direct and get it within the week. They will admit that you can buy their jigs more cheeply from one of the suppliers but I've ordered things like bits dirctly from them on Monday and had them by the weekend instead of driving all the way to woodcraft and waiting for the store to get them in stock (half the time I go to woodcraft for something like a bit they don't have the size I need)
Master Chef Richard Campbell wrote:

Add pictures here
βœ–
I got mine from Lee Valley. They are 10 bucks cheaper than everywhere else (12 dollars shipping). I also got the vacum attachment with it, and they were 2dollars cheaper that the rest.

If
Add pictures here
βœ–
Funny thing. I was going to buy the Leigh FMT jig from Lee Valley and the price listed was $1059 vs. $859 everywhere else. Guess it was a mistake because now they have it listed for $749 - that's the cheapest I've seen it anywhere. Guess it's time to order :).

one?
Add pictures here
βœ–
the general rule is that once you buy something you will see it somewhere else for less
Eric wrote:

Add pictures here
βœ–
Woodworkers Supply has them listed for $359.99US in their new winter 2004 catalog but have them listed online for $389.99US.

links
from
the
Add pictures here
βœ–
that is why you really have to call them up. one thing can be less at one place and another can be cheeper elsewhere
it does not cost much especially as most of them have 800 numbers otherwise I've had reall good luck with emailing most companies
scottso wrote:

Add pictures here
βœ–
Highland Hardware. 800-241-6748. Been good to do business with.
Sam

If
Add pictures here
βœ–
Highland has the best price that I know of. I like dealing w/Lee-Veritas but you can save a lot if you don't have to pay sales tax. Since I'm in NY I would have to pay sales tax for Lee orders but not for Highland. I recall that shipping is about the same. Windywood