leftover lumber from deck. Ideas?

I got a lot of time, space, and a @!$#*%!-load of small pieces of PT lumber leftover from building my new deck.
Nothing very long, but a lot of 5/4, 2x4 and 4x4's all 1-4 feet.
I have a decent shop, but no lathe. I don't mind a lot of glue up.
Ideas for projects? I am assuming outdoor, since it's all PT. Planters? chairs?
I am looking for stuff that's simple, since I want to use up this scrap wood quickly.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Put that pressure treated stuff out with the garbage. Unless you have an actual project in mind it's not worth it to keep it on the property nor to be further exposed to the harmful chemical it contains. It is well suited for it's purpose but the cut-offs are just good for the landfill.
lwhaley wrote:

Exactly what hazards are you worried about?
AQC doesn' t have the Chromium or Arsenic in it that were in CCA.
--

FF

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

I would build me a nice set of adirondak chairs for my new deck!!!
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

As you suggest, planters, but maybe in conjunction with integral benches.
Take a look at the NYW project.
Lew
of small pieces of PT

Last year I made a simple 4' bench from plans in Wood Magazine. Used 4 x 4 for the legs and everything else was 5/4, IIRC. A couple of Adirondack chairs would be nice. I also made four 16" square tables for use on the patio. Not fancy be very useful. There are photos of them all on my web page.
Ed http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Small tables like end tables for the deck. Chairs or larger tables if you have enough.
You can put some baces between the studs, like cribbing and stash the leftover wood there until you need it.
--

FF

On 8 Nov 2006 15:58:05 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

While not all that simple, I used PT lumber to make a nice classic style park bench a couple of years ago. That used 6' sections on the seat slats and back stretchers, but the legs, seat supports, arms, and slats in the back were all less than 3' long. If you don't want to buy any wood for it, I'd imagine a set of chairs made in a similar style would be just as comfy.