Lee Valley Xmas catalog: something fishy....

'k, I've been toying with the idea of making a seismograph using a plumb bob, a pan of sand, and a wooden structure from which to hang said bob.

Cut to page 3: A Veritas P724 PLUMB BOB!

A handsome tool made of brass with a stainless steel tip. And an aluminum holder, with a rare-earth ring magnet to hold the bob in place. Am I missing something?

I'm thinking they're bringing their April's Fools Tools out early.

-Zz

Reply to
Zz Yzx

Not all stainless steel is non-magnetic.

Reply to
Robatoy

------------------------ Specifically series 400 is magnetic.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

True, just as not all stainless is rustless.

Hey, while you're immobilized (in-country with the other feebs^H^H^H^Hgently deranged folk), here's a link to the bombe chest I designed in SketchUp.

Enjoy!

Well, actually, I didn't design it. It's from a FWW contributor, David Richards, but I figured that the shock value of that statement was simply too good to pass up. So sue me. ;)

-- To the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure. -- J. K. Rowling

Reply to
Larry Jaques

What's the question?

Reply to
CW

I really don't think you did justice to the description (sorry, I can't seem to cut-n-paste from the catalog). You didn't even mention the O-ring bumper.... And, on the same page, you have to admit the "pewter Veritas bevel-up smoother plane key chain" is a steal for $9.50! : )

Bill

Reply to
Bill