Lee Valley Xmas catalog: something fishy....

'k, I've been toying with the idea of making a seismograph using a plumb bob, a pan of sand, and a wooden structure from which to hang said bob.
Cut to page 3: A Veritas P724 PLUMB BOB!
A handsome tool made of brass with a stainless steel tip. And an aluminum holder, with a rare-earth ring magnet to hold the bob in place. Am I missing something?
I'm thinking they're bringing their April's Fools Tools out early.
-Zz

Not all stainless steel is non-magnetic.
"Robatoy" wrote:

------------------------ Specifically series 400 is magnetic.
Lew
On Mon, 15 Nov 2010 19:31:07 -0800 (PST), Robatoy

True, just as not all stainless is rustless.
Hey, while you're immobilized (in-country with the other feebs^H^H^H^Hgently deranged folk), here's a link to the bombe chest I designed in SketchUp. http://fwd4.me/nhu Enjoy!
Well, actually, I didn't design it. It's from a FWW contributor, David Richards, but I figured that the shock value of that statement was simply too good to pass up. So sue me. ;)
-- To the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure. -- J. K. Rowling

What's the question?
CW wrote:

I really don't think you did justice to the description (sorry, I can't seem to cut-n-paste from the catalog). You didn't even mention the O-ring bumper.... And, on the same page, you have to admit the "pewter Veritas bevel-up smoother plane key chain" is a steal for $9.50! : )
Bill