Lee Valley woodworking catalog - Crowbar NOT needed

Just got the new LV catalog tonight. Payday's tomorrow. This looks like trouble.

JP

******************* The illusion of rationality.
Reply to
Jay Pique

Yeah, I think the LV catalog comes with its own hidden, greased, crowbar. Some mighty nice looking stuff in it.

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

Aside from the vast array of stuff for turning (which I don't do), this catalog was a little less laden with surprises then the last few. Probably a good thing. I won't be tugging at my wallet for more than the usual frequency.

JK "helping pave the way for Robin's retirement in style!"

Jay Pique wrote:

Reply to
James T. Kirby

This speaks directly to my theory of the "opposing thumb" with regard to wooddorkers:

"Any tool, process, purchase, or endeavor in the pursuit of woodworking that takes advantage of the evolutionary fact of the opposing thumb needs no further justification."

In your case, and since it is damn near impossible to get your wallet out of your pocket without a thumb, no further justification is necessary.

... and therein is the underlying, philosophical basis for Rob Lee's retirement plans. :)

Reply to
Swingman

Gee James - this is just the START of the season... :)

The main catalog(ue) actually has a record (for us) number of new items...

... so does Christmas ....

Missed on hardware though... the 720 new items this year (new catalog at the printer now....) is only the third highest (871 in Fall 00 is tops)...

We'll getcha eventually!

Cheers -

Rob

Reply to
Robin Lee

On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 11:54:56 -0400, "Robin Lee" calmly ranted:

Yeah. Have you ever stopped to consider how many thousands of gallons of American, Canadian, etc. saliva is lost due to -your- catalogs, sir? It's shameful.

So did The Shrub. Our money isn't worth what it once was and our prices are closer to yours now. "O U C H !" say my crowbars.

------------------------------------------------------------- give me The Luxuries Of Life *

i can live without the necessities * 2 Tee collections online

Larry Jaques

Oh, lets see, spokeshaves, scrapers, low angle smooth, apron plane, bullnose plane, yada-yada.... Don't worry, you already have gotten me :^)

(and it hurts so good)

JK

Reply to
James T. Kirby

"Robin Lee" wrote in news:k7k0d.30294$ snipped-for-privacy@news20.bellglobal.com:

Oh, and let's not forget the gardening catalog either.

Not only do you have *me*, you've got SWMBO, too ...

Regards,

JT

Reply to
John Thomas

Thanks for reminding me. I was laying out some tenons yesterday thinking, "If only I had a reliable straight edge that'd go around a corner . . . "

Oh and that center finding rule would have been useful . . .

Reply to
U-CDK_CHARLES\Charles

That thing should come in a plain brown wrapper. The man is evil. EVIL, I say!

Hello. My name is Tom and I'm a Lee Valley addict.

Tom Veatch Wichita, KS USA

Reply to
Tom Veatch

Mine arrrived yesterday, finally. I ws starting to think I'd fallen off the list too. Needless to say little else got accomplished lasst night. And I brought it to work, just in case:-) Joe

Reply to
Joe Gorman