Lee Valley Tools and Nitro Lacquer

Lee Valley Tools primary lacquer is still nitrocellulose. I have not done any furniture finishing for a number of years. There are dozens of different finishes available.
Am I correct in assuming nitrocellulose is still one of the best and preferred finishes, as I am planning on using it again.
Is there another preferred finish that has replaced nitro or is it each man to himself whatever moves you.
Thanks in advance Denny B
Nitrocellulose is still by preferred choice but, since ventilation in my present shop limits it's use to those days when I can have everything wide open I've taken to water based lacquers.
--
Mike G.
snipped-for-privacy@heirloom-woods.net
Denny B wrote:

Try Crystalac 2000 it's the closest I've come to nitro color without having to add anything to the finish or the wood.