Lee Valley - suggestion

Robin: How about putting the current quarterly flying online as a downloadable PDF at your web site?
Many times I've wanted to show someone a couple of things, and didn't have the flyer with me.
While your search utility works just fine, it's sometimes hard to remember all the items I wanted to show someone.
Brian
Re: Current flyer on Web page avaiIable as a PDF, I like this.
Would this be downloadable to a PDA?
UA100, who for the first time sees a good reason to own a PDA...

And the hardware catalog? And secure online ordering via encrypted 802.11?
This could get interesting...
Patriarch
Patriarch -
Lee Valley Mobile for my PDA? Would that be a PITA? PETA? Christ, I get in enough trouble with the regular catalog.... I can't imagine the imposition of having to watch my driving skills while I'm trying to get some IMPORTANT items ordered, during a run down Doyle Drive.
Priorities, Schmiorities.... Bah! Hey - by the way... How the hell are you??
John Moorhead
<snip>

http://www.mainstreetmusic.com/cgi-bin/msmusic/LA0001005498.html

priority postage with barcoded labels, that would be great because I hate to wait 1-1/2 to 2 weeks for fed-ex ground to deliver small items I need, it would help a lot.
--
Alex
cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com

Where are you located? I get mine in two days every time in eastern CT.

Takes about 1 week to Tucson. Most recent order was placed on Sunday, shipment occurred Monday, Feb 14, with delivery (according to FedEx website) scheduled for Tuesday Feb 22. Last time I ordered (in January), FedEx beat their estimate by 1 day. My latest shipment shows as arriving in Phoenix at around 1 pm today. It might show up tomorrow (that's the nice thing about Fedex, they deliver on Saturday), more likely it will be Monday. Can't really complain about 8 days delivery.
On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 20:55:39 -0700, the inscrutable Mark & Juanita

It used to take a minimum of 2 weeks via UPS, but now that they're using FedEX, the shipping time is 6-10 days, with a week being the norm. I'm glad they switched. Now if they'd just lower the price of the medium shoulder plane to $89 or $99, I'd get one. ;)
All UPS shipments here take an extra day. Even stuff coming up I-5 goes 250 miles past us up to Portland, then back to the distribution center in Roseburg, then down here to Grass Pants. VERY strange.
Larry Jaques wrote: ...

Not strange at all...most efficient way is to get into larger distribution centers, then fan out to the smaller. How many packages out of the full load are destined for Grass Pants as it's going by? How long would it take to stop and get that <one> out of all the others?

Just an update; I was wrong -- shipment arrived today. So, from 1 pm in Phoenix on Friday to 0900 Saturday in Tucson on my doorstep. No complaints here.
Larry Jaques wrote:

6-10 days, 12 days, 14 days. And you people on the left coast wonder why we sneer at you. It's usually 2-3 days here. Neener.
Although I once ordered something from a place in New Jersey that went to Texas, then Alabama, then Michigan, then New Jersey, then Kentucky, then Oregon, then Wyoming, then New Jersey, then Texas, then North Carolina, then finally got here something like four weeks later.
That was an amusing package to track, since I was getting it well in advance for a far-off gift, and getting it fast wasn't a priority. I probably got some of the states wrong in that list above, but it did go all across the country, and it went back to the point of origin at least twice. Getting put on different out-going trucks each time I presume. Kept routing it wrong or something. Dumbasses. That was FedEx.
Larry Jaques wrote:

Don't let the few dollars hold you back on this plane. SWMBO bought it for me as a present about a year back and it is one of the best machined tools I've had the pleasure of using.
Glen

I bought two tail vise screws and one shoulder vise screw (great quality!), those were slow enough but the s/h cost is like "I don't mind then" for that kind of weight. I had disregarded ordering the handles, I did that and added a forstner bit, took quite a while.
--
Alex
cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com

Cross country is about a week for most anything by UPS, FedEx Ground. USPS has a two or three day deal at reasonable cost, but they don't often make the time schedule. UPS does have a 3 day service at "reasonable " cost compared to air.
I buy tea from a place in Calgary and it is sent Canadian post and it takes 10 to 14 days.
Once in a while you hit the connections just right. One Saturday afternoon I put a small package in my mailbox and the carrier pickup was about 4:00 PM. I got an email from the recipient that it was delivered in LA at 10:00 AM on Monday. All that for about a buck.

Boston Mas to Sarnia Ontario...across a border UPS...3 days. Plato Min... to Sarnia ontario.... across a border UPS... 3 days. Lee Valley to Sarnia Ontario... 2 hours. I drive to their store and back in London..MMWhuhahahahaha
00
Rob