Lee Valley Stores

I've been thinking about taking a trip to Canada, because, well, my presidential candidate didn't win. I was hoping we'd write in "None of the Above" and not have to deal with Trillary or Hump, but alas that's no good.

(Ok, that's not the real reason.)

Anyway, I noted there are several Lee Valley Stores across Ontario and was wondering if you guys who live in the area would say it's worth stopping in at multiple stores. I see there's 3 in the Toronto area alone, is every store reasonably unique, or is it like going to Lowe's?

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

I have only been in the Toronto North West store (Vaughn actually), The one on King Street looks very different from what I have heard and seen in pictures, but that is more the age of the building, being a much older building and TO NW being in a newer area. TO NW is also a short drive for me, getting downtown is a commitment.

Reply to
FrozenNorth

The "bargain/clearance table" items are ~ unique to each store. < sometimes things that have never been in the catalogue > Within a region, ie southern Ontario, the stores are similar in regular stock items. : for large numbers of any item - phone the store. : for the more rare items - phone the store. : some very rare items are not even stocked in the retail stores.

Unless it has changed recently - if they have a partial number of an item in store - they will ship the remainder - free shipping.

If you try to manupulate the online shopping system - - for inventory checks - they will send a brawny checkered-shirted lumberjack to your house to assist in the necessary behaviour modifications.

I have always found their 1-800 customer service to be great. The individual store telephone service is also very good - but might suffer during the very busy retail times.

.. not sure where you are travelling - traffic can be a bugger in TO.

John T.

Reply to
hubops

I have been to the stores in Burlington, Vaughn (Toronto West) London and Waterloo. The showroom displays are a little different based on available size and shape but all the stores carry the same items (with a few exceptions) and you can always ask to look at anything. Not sure where you are crossing the border but a new store just opened in Windsor Ontario. Try to avoid the busy Sastuday afternoon rush. Best time to go is first thing when they open or during a week day not at lunch time or after work. If you are coming to Canada check out Busy Bee Tools as well.

blahblahblah

blahblahblah wrote in news:583cad69$0$10187$c3e8da3$ snipped-for-privacy@news.astraweb.com:

I'll keep Busy Bee in mind, thanks! I'll probably have to wander around a Canadian Tire too, just to see what you guys are talking about.

Looks like the shortest path is via Sarnia, ON. (Wasn't that were Robatoy was located?)

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

Yes Rob was down there.

Reply to
FrozenNorth

Agree - that it's best to avoid the real busy periods - if you want to do some touchy feely with the fancy stuff. Also - some of the Lee Valley stores are now open on Sunday - check the website for details ...

ps - today's Cyber Monday sale has Gift Cards on sale -

John T.

Reply to
hubops

I am close enough to the Toronto West store, I order on line for in store pickup, always in and out in a few minutes. Browsing with my wife in the store is a totally different animal.

Reply to
FrozenNorth

Lewss than a mile from the Waterloo store.

Reply to
clare

The Toronto West store moved a few years ago, was a nice easy drive, about ten minutes, it isn't that far away now but is now part of a huge area of big box stores and outlets, just not as convenient.

Reply to
FrozenNorth