Lee valley spoke shave kit

All very true in every legal sense, and I should have done a search on it. But I felt very *deceived*, which can easily fall along the lines of legalism, which can be damned some of the time. The man selling the books among others is still a dishonest snake for it and he gets a negative feedback for that. Too bad for me and too bad for him. And you know it would make you feel pretty bad if it happened to you, try to imagine your own natural reaction when you found out. No one is a "legal monolithic icon" of pure self discipline!

Later on I did see another book on eBay on making wooden planes, and I did do searches for it and found it actually more expensive. So I did learn a very valuable lesson right then. It was like "OOPS! Stupid-ass ME!" BUT there is a point of mentioning the legality, and that is that Lee Valley or Mr. Lee might be the owner of the copyright, and it might be illegal that those books are being sold on the side, by the printing company, and if these creeps work at the printers they might be stealing them and Mr. Lee should know about that, and again, "should know all about it". See?

I think you're a bit too "flamey", and hence you need to relax, we're not at war here. At least I'm not.

Alex

Reply to
AArDvarK

Hi Alex -

Yes - this happens quite frequently. Unfortunately, unless the person selling the book uses our copy or images, there's nothing we can do about it... it generally falls under "let the buyer beware".

There are a number of our products which show up on eBay - usually auctioned off by people who live close to our stores...In some cases, they only purchase the item after the auction completes.

Cheers -

Rob Lee

Reply to
Robin Lee

HA HA! That sounds rediculous, do you think they make a profit??? Anyway I think it would be terrific if you would open a store in my town, terribly dry of high quality woodworking tools, though we have all the major stores here. I think the closest of the type is a competitor, "Woodcraft" in Orange county somewhere, a good 150 miles south from here, southern California coast.

Alex

Reply to
AArDvarK

Reply to
nospambob

You can deal with Lee Valley thru mail order, and on thier site. I have done both, and have been exceedingly delighted with all service and products.

If you go to thier website, i am sure they would be more than happy to send you a catalog.

Reply to
js

Dave was right. Your fault.

Reply to
CW

It is not about "fault"...

Reply to
AArDvarK

For being a lying snake as to the cost...

As above, it is a *deception* in this case as it is with every other seller doing the same thing.

You need to re-read what I wrote again, but carefully. "I feel deceived and burned" Okay? That is what the man does waiting for the unknowing to purchase on impulse, which I did. My mistake. Happy now?

But no, for that snakey activity he gets a damn negative feedback for it. And you don't have a call defending him or questioning me either.

Alex

Reply to
AArDvarK

What did he lie about? He posted the price that he would sell it for. He didn't force you to buy it.

What deseption? He posted his price.

Wasn't his fault, you bought it.

That is what the man does waiting for the unknowing to

Yes it was. Maybe you'll do better next time.

Reply to
CW

If someone was selling chewing gum for 50 bucks a stick and you bought it, whose fault would that be?

The fact that you _feel_ decieved and burned does not mean that you _were_ decieved and burned. Perhaps there's a lesson for _you_ to learn here?

Reply to
J. Clarke