Lee Valley shipping fees

I've noticed Lee Valley Tools has a free shipping period of a week or so (Apr 7-18). IOW, orders over $40 get free shipping fer that specific period. Does Lee Valley do this often?

I ask cuz I would like to buy some more tools from LV, but would like to take advantage of their free shipping, like I can get if I buy the same tools from Amazon. But, I won't see any new income until this month's "free shipping" perioed is alrady over. Is LV likely to offer another "free shipping" period in May? If so, I'll hold out. ;)

TIA nb

Reply to
notbob

Not likely in May, but they offer them from time to time.

Reply to
woodchucker

Awwww.......

Looks like Amazon is gonna get my $$. 8|

Thnx fer replying nb

Reply to
notbob

5 times per year or so. If you set up an online identity - you can get on their list for email notifications - you can customize which emails that you wish to receive - woodworking; gardening; seminars; etc ..
They promise to keep your info confidential. I think that they even pay for return-shipping - if you're not happy with the product. John T.
Reply to
hubops

3~5 times a year and it seems that it is never when I want it. LOL
Reply to
Leon

Maybe you need to build a Time Warp machine to get them in snyc...

DerbyDad03

just f y i May 26 - June 6 2016 again.

Reply to
hubops

FYI:

I jes ordered some stuff from LV, yesterday. ;)

Despite their selection of great woodworking tools, they sell some real junk. I got their Summer catalog, couple days ago. It's reads like a Finger Hut catalog. I guess I should be glad there was no, "as seen on TV", stuff.

What's really funny about LV, I haven't been changing my "Country/Language" setting, so have been seeing Canadian prices, which are higher. OTOH, I see a selection that IS available to Canadian orders, but shows it as NOT available when I switch to USA. What's up with that?

nb

Reply to
notbob

Are the prices actually higher *after* the 30% exchange rate or do they just *look* higher since it takes 1.3 CAD to equal 1 USD?

Just a guess: Customs. Perhaps they source some products from countries that the US doesn't care to do business with, or the products are made from raw materials that were sourced from countries that the US doesn't care to do business with.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Well, since Robin Lee no longer monitors this newsgroup, I suggest you call LV and ask.

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

Hard to say, without knowing which item ... Federal, State, Provincial legislation ; customs ; safety testing ; etc or even manufacturer's distribution rights / zones ? John T.

Reply to
hubops