Lee Valley Rule designed for "lefties"?

I have a 12" Cabinetmakers Rule from Lee Valley (link below)
http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.aspx?c=2&p2567&cat=1,43513
I am right handed and it seems that the measuring that I typically do most always has me reading from the 12" end back towards the 1" end to use the particular scale I want at the time. Said another way, measuring the way that is comfortable for me always seems to be backwards for the rule. Because of this, my measurements are always either relative to the nearest 1" mark or involve subtraction. Am I doing something wrong or is this rule designed for left-handed people? Has anyone else experienced this?
In terms of quality, the rule is first-rate all the way (just like everything Lee Valley sells) but I find it ackward for ME to use.
✖
LarryG wrote: I have a 12" Cabinetmakers Rule from Lee Valley (link below)
http://www.leevalley.com/wood/­page.aspx?c=2&p=32567&cat=1,43­513
I am right handed and it seems that the measuring that I typically do most always has me reading from the 12" end back towards the 1" end to use the particular scale I want at the time. Said another way, measuring the way that is comfortable for me always seems to be backwards for the rule. Because of this, my measurements are always either relative to the nearest 1" mark or involve subtraction. Am I doing something wrong or is this rule designed for left-handed people? Has anyone else experienced this?
I'd rather see the increments from left to right along the top of the rule. Just makes my cypherin' easier. The lighting seems better there, too. Tom
Add pictures here
✖

Exactly - I also find it easier that way. However, with this rule the increments run right to left across the top (the side furthest from your body when looking down on it) - you can see this in the picture on the site.
Add pictures here
✖

I have a Starret that his similar to that. My guess is that there is a reason, bit I just don't know what it is.
Add pictures here
✖

<stating the obvious> You pick the rule up, regardless of which way you pick it up you can measure from the left or from the right Only possible in a single unit measurement world. Go to somewhere like the UK using inches and mm and you are knackered.
Add pictures here
✖
Em wrote: You pick the rule up, regardless of which way you pick it up you can measure from the left or from the right Only possible in a single unit measurement world. Go to somewhere like the UK using inches and mm and you are knackered. Oh, I'm already knackered! Lessee, 25.4mm/inch...Hey, we got this system from you Brits, anyway! Tom
Add pictures here
✖
Rules are available with both inch and metric on opposite sides.

Add pictures here
✖
There is a reason. Right handed people generally hold the rule in there left hand and mark with their right. The correct, and most accurate way, of using a rule is on edge. If the graduations were the other way, you would have to look over the rule to the side opposite to you for the graduations to be left to right. The Lee Valley tool appears to be a standard machinist scale. I use one daily.

Add pictures here
✖