Lee Valley Radiant Heater

Hello everyone,

Has any tried the LV heater. It says it heats an area 14x14 but at what distance from the heater. If it is ceiling mounted how far does it throw heat? Debating between a 220 heater or this source. Any comments??

TIA

Reply to
jg

Have you asked Lee Valley? Their customer service is superb. No connection, etc.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Schmall

Their heater works well, but not in the way you'd expect, as it doesn't heat the air with a fan as most other heaters do. Think of it as a source of heat much like the sun. It'll keep you warm, but it doesn't heat the air. I usually work about 6-8 feet away from the heater, and it keeps me and what I'm working on toasty warm.

Reply to
mp

If you want to take a look at that heater, it is also sold at Lowe's.

NU

Reply to
Neal

Here in Maryland with the shop starting at about 45 it will heat the 10 or so feet around the table saw to about 62 in 15 minutes or so. If I move closer to it to run the planer I have to turn it to it's lower setting or it's pretty damn warm. I bought the model with the light. Even with shipping it was $9 cheaper at LV than Lowes and it was at my door in three days. Allen Catonsville, MD

Reply to
Allen Epps

I bought one of these and I'm sorry I did it. Nothing really wrong with it, just too small to do much good in my shop. I had it mounted on an 8' 6" ceiling over my work area. I wound up buying a 7.5KW 240V unit from Grainger - a lot more bucks, though.

Reply to
Tim Carver

It's a radiant heater rather than a hot air/convection heater that most people are used to. It's like walking in the sunshine on a winter's day - that type of heat!

Reply to
Jimbo

I usually hate 'me too' posts but I have to concur with what mp wrote. If you are looking for a heater that will furnish a uniform heat to all parts of the shop, this isn't it. I use it in conjunction with another heater to make the shop comfortable. Mine is suspended form the ceiling and pointed at my back, at a distance of about 6 feet or so. The other heater keeps the shop temperature somewhat livable but I'm toasty when working at the bench with my Lee Valley heater keeping my butt warm.

Reply to
Howard Ruttan

Reply to
Grandpa