Lee Valley praises

Page 3 of 3
Michael Baglio wrote:

Starting in Christiansburg, VA it's 375 miles to Virginia Beach, 400 miles to Myrtle Beach, SC, and 450 miles to Savannah, GA.
Virginia Beach is approximately 500 miles from Savannah, GA.

I will guess Australia, but I have no idea why I'm guessing that.
Seems to me Panama might qualify

Blue wrote:

Put a minus sign in front of that, and you have our expected low for tonight.
...Mike

They're predicting a high of 78 for Saturday in Phoenix. Neener, neener.
--

Jerry Maple
General Dynamics Decision Systems

Whatever. My beer will be colder than yours. Oh, wait -- USans don't have beer. Forget that I mentioned it, Jerry.
<passes Mike a cold one...>
Neener. };O)
--
DC

Don't get Longhorned -- get Linux.

That's why my drink of choice usually involves Tequila. <G>
--

Jerry Maple
General Dynamics Decision Systems
Jerry Maple wrote:

Mine too. Can't wait to take the next train to Margaritaville... :)
Jerry Maple wrote:

No neener. You live way too close to California for comfort. :)
Blue wrote:

It was 16 when I left here last night. That's pretty cold by my standards.
That's why we have the good sense to live in Virginia instead of Canukistan.
(Or even Pennsylvania for that matter. Too cold up there too. <shiver>)
Silvan -
Today, windchill is -47.2F in Ottawa.... :) Ambient temp is -27C. (Time to put on gloves....)
Just got back from the receiving department...Kelton rep is here helping with a shipment inspection, and the stock's so cold it's frosting up as soon as it's exposed to the air.... Have to heat up the skids before proceeding!
Cheers -
Rob (PS - like your garden photography!)

scribbled:

It's only -15C in Whitehorse (-27C with the windchill) - much balmier. A couple of years ago, I was in Ottawa walking along Sparks Street and it only about 20 below, plus whatever windchill. I don't remember ever being that cold in the Yukon, and I was wearing my parka, tuque, sweater, Sorels, etc.

You wouldn't have this problem here - the humidity is so low that no frost would form. One more reason to open a store in Whitehorse. :-) Luigi Replace "no" with "yk" for real email address
Luigi Zanasi writes:

Sparks, if it's the one I recall, was pretty chilly back the end of May, so cold would be expected in winter, I'd guess. That's the outdoor mall sort of deal, with no traffic, except at cross streets, etc., IIRC. Great place, with much more real character than actual malls ever have.
Charlie Self If God had wanted me to touch my toes he would have put them higher on my body.
Charlie Self wrote:

Yup, that would be it. Some areas of Sparks Street really catch and funnel the wind, so it can get really cold walking down there in the winter.
BTW, Rob, -20C isn't enough to keep me away. I was in the store earlier this afternoon, picking up my back ordered 10" sliding bevel, and a few other goodies. Only problem was, I had one of my dogs (Sophie) with me, and I thought I was going to have to beat off some of your staff to get her out of the store ;)
...Mike
|Blue wrote: |> Mike, |> How close is "close"? Maybe I should get a Mr. Heater propane with a blower. |> | |Hard to say, since I don't know how cold it gets where you are. Where I |am (Ottawa, Canada), tomorrow's high is -21C (-6F),
That is the all-time recorded *low* temperature for Tucson <g>. January 7, 1913. Exactly 91 years later (yesterday) it was was 40 F (low) and 70 F (high). Supposed to get to 77 tomorrow. Brr.
I was going to send for one but drove 5 miles to Lowes and picked up an identical one. (same brand name with the light) It was $10 cheaper and I didn't have to pay any postage on it and no wait. George
Well I happened to come across the same one (with the light) at a local Mom 'n Pop hardware store for $59 and I couldn't resist. Mounted it today (practically got frost-bit doing so), decided it needed to be lower cause the heat wasn't getting down to me, dis-mounted it and put extensions down from the joists then remounted it (more frost bite) and finally decided that it was just to darn cold for the poor thing and went inside to my fireplace and Lazyboy. It was 10 last time I looked at the thermometer, and for us wimps on the east coast of VA, that is COLD...especially considering it was 80 a week ago.

Blue wrote:

65 here in the mountains, but I agree how much this sucks.
Fortunately, I'm doing OK getting used to the cold. I didn't turn my heat on until about 4:00 today. It was 40 in the shop, with the sun heating the dark building. Not warm enough for glue, but plenty toasty enough for turning.
Going from 80 to 10 sucks, but I'll bet you don't have snow on the ground out on the coast. From the looks of it, we'll have this stuff for a week at least.