Lee Valley new product

Page 1 of 2
http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.aspx?pe357&c=1
Not one of their best, IMHO. But you can actually order it this year.
--
Froz...

This actually seems useful. Seriously.

This actually seems useful. Seriously.
It's a hoot that they have it in metric and cubits as well as imperial,
It would be good for quickly marking up interesting things in antique and junk stores.
basilisk
"basilisk" wrote

Cubits?? In case you want to build a pyramid? LOL

merchandise? LOL
As long as it was wide enough to write on, it would definitely be a product that could be used. A "story stick in the pocket". Maybe we should all write Rob Lee and let him know that this joke may be on him. He inadvertantly created a useful product here. It had to happen eventually. These guys got the whole tool making thing down to a science. Even when funnin' us, they are tool makers. Must be a nice life.
Lee Michaels wrote:

"Is that a story stick in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?"
On 04/01/2010 07:17 AM, Robatoy wrote:

FastCap has made something sort of similar for quite a while. Measurements on one side, blank area on the other.
(Amazon.com product link shortened)
Chris

Too bad they don't have a left handed version. Marc

Too bad they don't have a left handed version. Marc
They just forgot to list it. It's part number 99W78.50. Art

Somewhere they have a section of previous April Fool's Day items that is hilarious, somebody had fun building those things.

Just enter “AFD” in the item search box.

Aha! Thanks! The photo of the guy with the pouchless tool belt always cracks me up.
On 4/1/10 8:00 AM, FrozenNorth wrote:

Probably because they realized it's actually a good idea.
--

-MIKE-

FrozenNorth wrote:

Cool! I've been looking for something in cubits for years! :-)

Rob Leatham

I measure my fuel consumption in hogsheads per cubit, and that's the way I like it!

cph
bas

bas

No, here in Canuckistan we're metric...
Litres/100 km
so volume/distance rather than distance/volume...

I read that our Abram's tank gets 6 gpm.
-Zz
On 4/2/2010 10:19 AM, Zz Yzx wrote:

Cool site ... now the next time there's a 10,000 barrel oil spill the media has no excuse for not using a much more shocking number than "gallons", instead of the "barrels" that oil is sold by ...
They can now say 422,400,000 teaspoons.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08