Lee Valley mistaken identity

So yesterday I went in to the new Saskatoon Lee Valley to get some use out of my 10% off coupon.

Decided to make it worthwhile, and bought some bessey clamps, the low angle jack, the mkII honing guide, the 38 degree blade (which was confusingly labelled "high angle"--what do they call the 50 degree one?), and a few other things. I even had a project all lined up for this weekend that would make use of most of them.

I get home and realize that instead of the honing guide they gave me the box of all the little spare parts for the guide. (Note to Robin--you might want to label the spare part box something *other* than the part number of the guide itself.)

So today I call the store and explain what happened and mention that I'd like to bring it back and exchange it for the real thing. They say the sooner the better, so after work I hop on my bicycle (wife's gone for the weekend with the car) and head across the city. (Note to Robin--you might consider a bike rack, there was another bike just leaning up by the door as there's nothing to lock to.)

Turns out they're out of stock on the guide, but getting more in on Monday. Would've been nice if they'd told me that on the phone...

Ah well, guess I'll just have to use my current crappy guide for now, hopefully all the new blade will need is a microbevel.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Friesen

Odd. I got the MkII on opening Monday, no prob.

Good advice. I had planned to ride on opening day, but ended up dropping SWMBO off at her work a cupla blocks south and getting use of the car for the day.

Hey, Rob! Somewhere to lock a bike up. Get on that, will ya?

If you really need to use the MK II, look me up in the ToonTown phone book. I'm on Quance. The weather's looking good for a bike ride!

I was in the store last night to get the Japanese waterstones to go with the MK II... It was very busy!

remember that if you friends you're steering to LV that they will donate to the United Way for referrals. I told folks at work today that if they weren't already LV customers but planned to be to let me know so I can refer them and get the charitable dollars into the community.

Anyhoo. If you want to use my MKII to get on to your project this weekend give me a shout.

djb

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Let's try that again...

Remember that if you have friends you're steering to LV

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Budgetarily speaking, might as well get your friends hooked on crack.

Reply to
Swingman

Hmm. Should I substitute "enemies" for "friends"?

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Only difference is that you can't borrow your friends' crack once it's used. With LV at least you stand a slim chance of borrowing the occasional tool.

Reply to
Upscale

My next door neighbor bought the low angle block plane on opening day (Oct 3) for the LV store here. He let me hold it.

Mmmmmmm...

I can't wait till Christmas.

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

I love that little jewel ... used it yesterday to remove the lip left on a 6

1/4" drawer face that I was forced to joint on a 6" jointer ... every time I pick it up and feel its heft I can't help but think "what a sweet tool!"
Reply to
Swingman

(snip)

(snip)

(snip)

Hi Chris -

Will ping 'em about the bike rack....it should be standard....but maybe they've just not got it yet...

Sorry for the mix-up on the spare parts - normally we do use a different box for those...

Cheers -

Rob

Reply to
Robin Lee