Lee Valley Mail Order Quality Control

I've mail ordered a few things from Lee Valley lately but out of seven items, three have shown up with defects. I returned the Veritas Burnisher with crooked handle and the Wheel Gauge with the dinged brass wheel. I returned them because I was driving by on a trip. I will keep the 1" Sorby Mortise Chisle with both corners chipped because I want to use it now and mail order return is slow. I imagine a lot of people keep things they wouldn't otherwise because mail order returns are a pain. So from now on I'm going to start giving them some special instructions with each order specific to my purchase.
I have receved defective products from you in the past. I like your products but I do not want to recieve any more defective items. Please make sure:
The handles are attached securely and straight (nothing loose or crooked) There are no chips or dings anywhere in the product (especially flat faces and cutting edges) Generally inspect the product so that it does not have noticable defects of any kind.
Any suggestions to add to the list? Think it will make any difference?
Peter
Only in your dreams....
On 8 Apr 2005 15:12:19 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Remove the nospam from my address to email me!!

Bad string of luck? I've never had a problem.
At least you know they'sll make it right.
djb

You are kidding right?
I have the same question BillyBob had: You are kidding, right?
Lee Valley has been exceptional in every way for me and I've ordered a lot over the years.