Lee Valley kick butt!

Go get the mail today and what do I have: A letter from Lee Valley! That's odd. I open it up and it's a check for $5.35, with a letter explaining that with the new calendar there was a price drop on a Hock plane blade I purchased recently...

By recently I mean June.

I'm really impressed.

Reply to
Buster

Hi -

It's an insidiuous plot to keep you coming back.... :)

Cheers -

Rob

Reply to
Robin Lee

There is no other company like it on the face of the earth. Shame on us if we don't continue to patronize quality and service over price, and, as you found out, the price ain't bad as a result.

Reply to
Swingman

Hi Rob,

do you remember a while back, just after the great Aussie Bessey buy, we discussed metric rules in Starrett combo squares? Did you have any luck in finding them?

cheers,

Groggy

Reply to
Groggy

Calendar? A new calendar in September? Must be for next year but how can they be sure to get the right numbers on the right day of the week this far in advance? Oh well. Here's one for LV, Robin, and his butt. mahalo, jo4hn

Reply to
jo4hn

Hi jo4hn -

Actually - our calendars have 16 months in 'em, so we can record an entire Hockey season....from pre-season through play-offs...I really dislike having a calendar start in January....current ones run from Sept 2005 through Dec

2006.

Best part about our calendars (there's a gardening one too) is that the entire amount goes to charity - we don't keep a dime.

I believe the OP really meant "catalog" (or "catalogue") instead of calendar....though the calendar is due any day...

Cheers -

Rob

Reply to
Robin Lee

(snip)...

Hmm.... May 27th 2005.... so I'm told.

Yes - we have one in stock, and can swap it for the imperial one if you want an entire combo square, or can offer the 30cm rule only at $49.50....

You've got my email!

Cheers -

Rob (who'd LIKE to deliver it in person.....)

Reply to
Robin Lee

Good for you Buster and Good for Lee Valley.

If only the oil companies had the same moral ethics.

Reply to
Leon

Hey, don't leave the country before the Toontown store opens. You owe me a coffee, as I recall.

;-)

djb

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Shame on you. Using the words moral ethics and oil co. in the same sentence.

Reply to
Rick Samuel