Lee Valley glitch

FYI...their website isn't accepting orders ... the checkout button just dumps you back to the home page. Customer service said they did a server upgrade that's causing problems. Some upgrade.
Michael
"Michael Press" wrote in message

Probably a MSFT shop ... their server upgrades seem to always break more than they fix.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 2/26/04

you do know they answer their phones don't you? <g> order your toys via their 800 number.
dave
Michael Press wrote:

He probably knows about the phones, if he's not a telepathically enabled person.
" "
dave
Juergen Hannappel wrote:

Hey Mike,
Do you know what kids sing on the bus on their way to computer camp?
99 little bugs in the code 99 little bugs you take one out recompile the code 103 little bugs in the code
Software upgrades are notorious for including a few "undocumented" gremlins. Software provider "never saw them in the lab". Somehow they always show up when they upgrade _your_ software.
DexAZ
Hi -
We did have an intermittent problem last night, but only if a seesion was open for more than 1 hour... (we backed out the change after your problem)...
The intent of the change was to implement an automatic logout after a fixed period of inactivity...but there was apparently an issue with multiple servers (we have several)....
Sorry for the inconvenience...
Cheers -
Rob Lee

You guys (LV) are the cats meow (I often use "the cats ass" to mean the same thing, but you might have misunderstood...)

NO place else do you get a response from the president of the company......THAT'S customer service!
Nick B

There is at least one other company that I've seen the pres. answering questions,albeit it was a statistical software package.

Kevin wrote:

Kevin...
Jim Ray, President of McFeely's, was here this past week, too. Willingness to talk with, and listen to, customers may be a good indicator of the desire to run a high-quality operation...
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto, Iowa USA

stat software and someone who pays a lot of money for annual license renewals.
Stata is the name of the package. OTOH large companies such as SAS and SPSS do not necessarily have their Pres. out answering questions. However there is a big difference twixt SAS and SPSS. A user was having troubles with some graphics in SAS. Now usually SAS tech support has the answer almost before you finish the question. This problem proved to be different. The tech support couldn't answer the question so it was "Could you hold for just a few?" A few minutes later the person that ACTUALLY WROTE that part of the program was on the phone speaking to the issue at hand with just what was needed. Overall, I'd put SAS and Stata on relatively the same standing- great tech support. SPSS, well, uhh....