Lee Valley Customer Service

I know this topic has been covered on every angle possible but I had to bring it up.

I bought a can of Bostik TopCote last week from Lee Valley but actually made a mistake and I ordered the DriCote lubricant instead (read my fault!). I sent them an email to let them know I'd like to return it and get the initial product instead. I made sure to mention to their customer service I wanted to pay for the shipping (both ways) since it was my mistake. I even underlined the text about paying for shipping just to make sure they don't miss it - it's not their fault afterall, it's mine.

I got a reply less than 1 hour later, the product I wanted was shipping the same day and they told me to reuse the box I would receive to return the other product I didn't want with a short note about it (I'll simply print their reply). Obviously, no charge at all for shipping both ways.

Gheez, the can sells for 14.50$ and Lee Valley end up paying shipping both ways (minimum 6$-7$ each shipping)... In a nutshell, they end up giving me the product. They will send me a confirmation letter in a few days to let me know every thing's OK and they hope I'm happy with them. It's darn clear their business is not just about "selling" stuff... It's obvious the customer is at the top of their priority.

If all businesses in the world would just try to achieve 10% of Lee Valley's customer service quality, you bet the world would be a much nicer place.

Greg D.

Reply to
Greg D.

Why not keep the Dri-cote? It's great stuff for lubricating saw blades, router bits, jointer knives etc... Try it! You may like it! --dave

Reply to
Dave Jackson

Lee Valley= Canadian, not an American company

Reply to
Brent Beal

You seem to have some understanding how Robin Lee's mind works.

Reply to
Robatoy

A while ago, when I was job hunting, I received great courtesy and generosity from a local printer. After one incident, I said, "Do you realize that you're making it impossible for me to take my business to anyone else?" and the owner said, "erm.. well, sort of."

and I still won't go anywhere else, for anything they can handle.

rm

Reply to
BobMac

"BobMac" wrote in message news:cGp3h.126273$ snipped-for-privacy@read2.cgocable.net...

Remember in the 80's when they did studies about workers and couldn't understand why American's will not work like the Japanese? Remember when the Big "3" did all of that testing to see what we wanted in the way of cars? Remember when your Mom bought you clothes and shoes because they were good quality and lasted? Remember when 20 cents a gallon gas got you your oil checked, tire pressure checked, window cleaned, tranny checked...etc? I remember buying $5 worth of gas and driving two weeks ( and I do mean driving) before refilling, do you? I also remember banks begging you to open a checking acct., or maybe a savings acct. or even a Christmas club acct. Maybe you would get a portable radio, or clock or a toaster. Remember when you bought a pair of pants, they would measure the length, waist, and you would go and pick them up and have a pair that fit right? I still remember Keds or PF Flyers lasting a year or two, you? Remember families going to church an Sundays? Remember families getting together on Sundays for dinner? Remember Sundays, nothing open and we had "nothing to do"? (Blue laws) Remember when a store would work at keeping your business? (with service) Remember when a family sat down and ate supper together? There are a great many more of these. But IMHO, they have all gone away due to profit (greed) of the American business, and people. Just my thoughts...sorry for the long rant.

Reply to
Brent Beal

"Brent Beal" wrote in news:Piu3h.79$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe02.lga:

yes

Not really I had Fix It Again Tony cars, and I really liked them ...

Yes, but she paid in guilders.

I think it was more than that when I got to the US, but yes, service station was what is was called.

But what was your annual salary then, or your Dad's? When gas was recently around $1.50/gal it really was the cheapest ever, when inflation-adjusted

And then it broke.

Some family members still do, but in general I do not believe that going to church automagically makes you a good person, witness evangelists doing what I would not want anyone to do.

We still do regularly, but the kids live really close by, and so do his parents.

I live now in Bergen County, NJ. Only slightly more relaxed than way back in Holland.

No, times change, and Many people have now more "freedom" than ever before, and even less common sense.

For one, I do appreciate!

But, let us not act like nattering nabobs of negativism . Vote Democratic

Reply to
Han

(snip)

Poor guy.... ;)