Lee Valley

Page 1 of 2

I requested catalogs online and they arrived today. I am so impressed with their line. Spectacular!
Joe wrote:

dave

Cut it out! Robin's ego will just get bigger!!!
:)

Mac
Vic Baron (in gAeZf.65077$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr25.news.prodigy.net) said:
> [...]
Just to keep things in balance: This morning I ordered some drill bushings from LV and - since I'm planning on installing them in a metal fixture - I asked how they were threaded. They promised (and did) send the info via e-mail...
<quote> The measurements you requested for the Insert # 25K6220, the 5/16" Bushing #25K6205 and the 1/4" Bushing #25K6204 are all the same at x 20.
Hope this information is helpful to you. </quote>
I'm still puzzling over how the factory drills a 5/16" hole thru a bushing with outside 1/4-20 threads...
When you spin the drill really, really fast, it drills undersized. So a 5/16" drill bit will fit inside the root of a 1/4-20 thread. Right?
<grin!>
Sigh.
Even the 1/4" bushing can't have a 1/4-20 outside thread. My guess is that you'll need a 3/8-16 tap sometime soon if not a 1/2-13
Bill
On Sun, 09 Apr 2006 00:13:08 +0000, replyonline opined:

If you use a long enough drill and spin it really, really fast, you can create a singularity for which the diameter is undefined. Any size bushing will work then.
--
"Keep your ass behind you"
wreck20051219 at spambob.net
And, with equal probability, no size bushing will work. ;-)
That's the nice thing about shop-built singularities ... if they don't do what you want them to, you can always eBay 'em to some guy on the other side of the planet who needs the opposite probability from you. Kinda like digging through the earth to end up upside down in China. (Don't lose your grip .... the acceleration near the middle of the earth is NOT the be believed. You'll come to halt right at the lip of the hole back where you started ... in mist form.)
Or maybe not.
snipped-for-privacy@mungedaddress.com wrote:

Ignoring reality, what speed would an object be traveling at dead-center?
JP
Jay Pique wrote:

With or without a coconut?
er
--
email not valid

Enoch Root wrote:

???
JP

JP demonstrates that he's one of the only males in the western world who doesn't get Monty Python references.
Mike
Michael Daly wrote:

What I've seen of Mr. Python's moviesI really like. I really must make a point of digesting the entire body of work. For so long I was just a child, ignorant of real humor....although I *did* devour everything Bill Watterson ever wrote regarding my friends Calvin and Hobbes.
JP ****************** G.R.O.S.s

Maybe you should reconsider - women think more highly of men that don't know or quote Monty Python material.
Mike

Maybe you should reconsider the women you know...
Albatross!
Dave Balderstone wrote:

Newly single, I'm willing to try anything. My Dumb & Dumber references seem to be falling on deaf ears.
JP *********************************************************************** ISO gorgeous heterochromatic animal lover. Must be cool.

Have you tried the Blazing Saddles fallback?
Dave Balderstone wrote:

Oh mang. Thate iss--oh mang.
er
--
email not valid

No - but I'll definitely try "Excuse me while I whip this out" at the next available opportunity. As long as you're sure it will work.
JP ************************************************ And yes, I'd love another schnitzengruben.