Lee Valley

I requested catalogs online and they arrived today. I am so impressed with their line. Spectacular!

Reply to
Joe

Slippery slope, here you come! Lookout!

dave

Reply to
David

Cut it out! Robin's ego will just get bigger!!!

:)

Reply to
Vic Baron

Reply to
Tim Taylor

I highly recommend you discard that catalog immediately, delete any references to Lee Valley from your computer, and seek counselling immediately. Otherwise, none of us are responsible for your financial ruin! Seriously though, a class company with great products. I'm glad they're around! Cheers, cc

Reply to
James "Cubby" Culbertson

Yeah - for sure.

Reply to
Joe

nah... He pays for these posts.. *g*

Mac

mac davis

Just to keep things in balance: This morning I ordered some drill bushings from LV and - since I'm planning on installing them in a metal fixture - I asked how they were threaded. They promised (and did) send the info via e-mail...

The measurements you requested for the Insert # 25K6220, the 5/16" Bushing #25K6205 and the 1/4" Bushing #25K6204 are all the same at ¼ x 20.

Hope this information is helpful to you.

I'm still puzzling over how the factory drills a 5/16" hole thru a bushing with outside 1/4-20 threads...

Morris Dovey

When you spin the drill really, really fast, it drills undersized. So a

5/16" drill bit will fit inside the root of a 1/4-20 thread. Right?

Sigh.

Even the 1/4" bushing can't have a 1/4-20 outside thread. My guess is that you'll need a 3/8-16 tap sometime soon if not a 1/2-13

Bill

Reply to
replyonline

If you use a long enough drill and spin it really, really fast, you can create a singularity for which the diameter is undefined. Any size bushing will work then.

Reply to
Australopithecus scobis

Great shop. I bought a twin-screw vice from them (via a UK importer) back in 2000, fiddled a bit and stuck it on a shelf until the bench was built... Last summer, ahem, finally got round to test fitting it on the bench top, and woe of woes halfway in the threads seized in the nuts. All sorts of crude measuring and meddling later I couldn't work it out, but thought I'd try filing the sticking parts of the threads. Discussed my plan with Lee Valley/Veritas and they replaced it for me! Priceless service. I also really like the way they innovate with their tools.

g.

Reply to
graham

And, with equal probability, no size bushing will work. ;-)

That's the nice thing about shop-built singularities ... if they don't do what you want them to, you can always eBay 'em to some guy on the other side of the planet who needs the opposite probability from you. Kinda like digging through the earth to end up upside down in China. (Don't lose your grip .... the acceleration near the middle of the earth is NOT the be believed. You'll come to halt right at the lip of the hole back where you started ... in mist form.)

Or maybe not.

Reply to
replyonline

Ignoring reality, what speed would an object be traveling at dead-center?

JP

Reply to
Jay Pique

With or without a coconut?

er

Reply to
Enoch Root

???

JP

Reply to
Jay Pique

JP demonstrates that he's one of the only males in the western world who doesn't get Monty Python references.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Daly

What I've seen of Mr. Python's moviesI really like. I really must make a point of digesting the entire body of work. For so long I was just a child, ignorant of real humor....although I *did* devour everything Bill Watterson ever wrote regarding my friends Calvin and Hobbes.

JP

****************** G.R.O.S.s
Reply to
Jay Pique

Doesn't really matter, 'cause coconuts aren't miGRAtory.

Reply to
wood_newbie

Maybe you should reconsider - women think more highly of men that don't know or quote Monty Python material.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Daly

Maybe you should reconsider the women you know...

Albatross!

Reply to
Dave Balderstone