Lee Valley

I am not happy, they moved their Toronto West store, it was in a nice easy place to get into 10-15 minutes away, now they are in a sea of big box stores that is a royal pain in the backside to get into and out of.
--
Froz...

On 4/12/14, 3:32 PM, FrozenNorth wrote:

Cry me a river.
I would love the luxury of having to navigate Saturday afternoon soccer mom SUVs to be able to shop inside their actual store as opposed to having to mail order every thing and pay international shipping and customs.
--

-MIKE-

On 4/12/2014 4:36 PM, -MIKE- wrote:

+1
On 4/12/2014 4:36 PM, -MIKE- wrote:

I thought they shipped to the US from a warehouse across the border in upper NY state, Vermont or New Hampshire, can't remember where it was.
--
Froz...

On 4/13/2014 12:04 PM, FrozenNorth wrote:

They do. I don't pay duties or taxes for that. I do wish I could go to the toy store though... :-).
I like being able to touch the tools. When they come to the shows, they bring the same stuff each time... not much..
And the shows don't allow you to spend real quality time, as there are too many people vying for time on the tools.. but I want different items in hand.
--
Jeff

On Sat, 12 Apr 2014 16:32:17 -0400, FrozenNorth

Come west, young man - to the Waterloo Lee Valley store !
... near Conestoga Mall - north end of Waterloo; .. short drive to St. Jacobs .. John T.
--- ---
On 4/12/2014 4:32 PM, FrozenNorth wrote:

I feel your pain, for me they are a 9 hour trip.. :-(
--
Jeff

Less than a mile from home in an industrial / commercial mall near the outskirts of Waterloo Ontario. Nice large new store.

Look for the Free Shipping events < ~ 4 times per year ? > I'm think that -return shipping- is free - if you are dis-satisfied ? John T.
--- ---
On Sat, 12 Apr 2014 18:19:22 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@ccanoemail.com wrote:

And just down the road from Habitat ReStore Clare S.

I could do the round trip faster than that on hands and knees <BG>
On Sat, 12 Apr 2014 16:32:17 -0400, FrozenNorth

I got to visit the Calgary store just before Thanksgiving last year. I think I got 4800 frequent flyer miles for the trip. Tell Rob Lee he needs to open a store in Houston, even if it is just for the winter months.
Regards, Roy
On 4/13/14, 11:04 AM, FrozenNorth wrote:

Now you tell me! :-) I don't know, do they? Last time there was a conversion rate and a duty or whatnot. BTW, I've bought from them twice, both time with free shipping and I've been very pleased.
My main point is that I'd gladly trade some heavy Saturday afternoon traffic for the luxury of being able to walk around their store, getting all touchy-feely with their sexy jigs and gauges and walk out being able to use what I bought 30 minutes from now.
--

-MIKE-

On 4/13/2014 12:21 PM, -MIKE- wrote:

While some stuff is out on display, most items are in the warehouse and they have to fetch them for you.
--
Froz...

On 4/13/2014 12:21 PM, -MIKE- wrote:

NOW YOUR TALKING...

--
Jeff

On Sun, 13 Apr 2014 12:48:57 -0400, FrozenNorth

Sure, considering the amount of products they stock, most smaller items are in the stock room. But IMHO, the major stuff, is all out there for handling. Well, most of it was until recently they started putting it behind glass/acrylic doors. I believe LV has experienced a number of five finger discounts in recent times.
On Sun, 13 Apr 2014 12:04:28 -0400, FrozenNorth

I live in Texas and I bought several things from them a couple years back. I never saw a thing about customs or international shipping.
On 4/13/2014 11:42 PM, Gray_Wolf wrote:

IIRC UPS tracking originates from Syracuse NY.