Lee Valley

I am not happy, they moved their Toronto West store, it was in a nice easy place to get into 10-15 minutes away, now they are in a sea of big box stores that is a royal pain in the backside to get into and out of.

Reply to
FrozenNorth

Cry me a river.

I would love the luxury of having to navigate Saturday afternoon soccer mom SUVs to be able to shop inside their actual store as opposed to having to mail order every thing and pay international shipping and customs.

Reply to
-MIKE-

Reply to
Meanie

Come west, young man - to the Waterloo Lee Valley store !

... near Conestoga Mall - north end of Waterloo; .. short drive to St. Jacobs .. John T.

hubops

I feel your pain, for me they are a 9 hour trip.. :-(

Reply to
woodchucker

Less than a mile from home in an industrial / commercial mall near the outskirts of Waterloo Ontario. Nice large new store.

Reply to
clare

Look for the Free Shipping events < ~ 4 times per year ? > I'm think that -return shipping- is free - if you are dis-satisfied ? John T.

hubops

And just down the road from Habitat ReStore Clare S.

Reply to
clare

I could do the round trip faster than that on hands and knees

Reply to
clare

I got to visit the Calgary store just before Thanksgiving last year. I think I got 4800 frequent flyer miles for the trip. Tell Rob Lee he needs to open a store in Houston, even if it is just for the winter months.

Regards, Roy

Reply to
Roy

I thought they shipped to the US from a warehouse across the border in upper NY state, Vermont or New Hampshire, can't remember where it was.

Reply to
FrozenNorth

They do. I don't pay duties or taxes for that. I do wish I could go to the toy store though... :-).

I like being able to touch the tools. When they come to the shows, they bring the same stuff each time... not much..

And the shows don't allow you to spend real quality time, as there are too many people vying for time on the tools.. but I want different items in hand.

Reply to
woodchucker

Now you tell me! :-) I don't know, do they? Last time there was a conversion rate and a duty or whatnot. BTW, I've bought from them twice, both time with free shipping and I've been very pleased.

My main point is that I'd gladly trade some heavy Saturday afternoon traffic for the luxury of being able to walk around their store, getting all touchy-feely with their sexy jigs and gauges and walk out being able to use what I bought 30 minutes from now.

Reply to
-MIKE-

While some stuff is out on display, most items are in the warehouse and they have to fetch them for you.

Reply to
FrozenNorth

NOW YOUR TALKING...

Reply to
woodchucker

On Sun, 13 Apr 2014 12:48:57 -0400, FrozenNorth

Sure, considering the amount of products they stock, most smaller items are in the stock room. But IMHO, the major stuff, is all out there for handling. Well, most of it was until recently they started putting it behind glass/acrylic doors. I believe LV has experienced a number of five finger discounts in recent times.

Reply to
none

I live in Texas and I bought several things from them a couple years back. I never saw a thing about customs or international shipping.

Reply to
Gray_Wolf

IIRC UPS tracking originates from Syracuse NY.

Reply to
Leon