Leaving Air Compressor Full

Page 2 of 5

While you're down there, replace that silly stopcock with a real ball-valve. Your fingers will be happier.
scott
Swingman wrote:

That's exactly what I did.

Sooo who did it first? Who am I 'really' stealing this from?
Stay tuned. Film at 11.
Robatoy wrote:

Swingman mentioned it first, but I don't know when he did it. I'll give him credit for doing it first, 'cause he's older. <G>
I did it a few years ago. All you do is unscrew the drain valve, insert a hose or threaded pipe w/ elbows, and screw the valve into the open end, preferably in a more convenient location.
Must be bass players thinking alike...
Auto drain valves work in a similar manner. Each time the compressor starts, it momentarily "burps" the water drain. There's really no reason to completely drain the air to let out the water.

Oh noes...... two solos, duet style?
Robatoy wrote:

We're going to get together and play "Big Bottom". <G>
"B A R R Y" wrote in message

IIRC, Willy had two bass players in one his bands ... but, and IIRC again, it was pretty much a mess, even for a bass player. :)
As far as who did it first, I posted pretty much the same thing last year in response to a similar post, but I doubt seriously the idea of using a drain hose originated with me ... I was just looking for a way to drain the tank without moving it, and the "unintended benefits" were too obvious for even a coonass to miss. :)
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 2/20/07

Close but not quite. It's the act of compressing the air that causes the water build up in the tank. Drain it before you use it and you'll find yourself well enough protected in practical terms, for the life of the compressor.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

It's the heat generated during compression that causes condensation to build up in the tank. Compress air with out changing the temperature and you have no condensation during that process.

It is actually the cooler tank and air lines that causes the vapor in the heated air to condense. That is why large systems use refrigerated dryers. The moisture is already in the air, compressing it concentrates it into a smaller area.
"Edwin Pawlowski"
"Leon" wrote in message

RCH's are being unnecessarily split on this subject ... it matters not that you blame death by gunshot on the gun, the shooter, or the trauma from the bullet, you're still dead.
All you guys should go back and review the components of the Ideal Gas Laws. By the time you've compressed all the science contained therein into your brain tanks, all the silly hot air on the subject will have evaporated. :)
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 2/20/07

Are you sure that dead horse is not going to get up??? What if I kick it a couple more times? LOL

Yeah, I'm sure there are more factors that come into play past the simple fact that warm humid air meeting up with a cooler surface is going to cause condensation.

Yes, but it is either split hairs this morning or go out and clean up the yard.
wrote in message

ROTFLMAO..... At least you and I know what we are talking about.. ;~) LOL
"Leon" wrote in message

Yeah, we really do need a good isothermal shop compressor on the market.
... until then we'll have to live with Charles's Law. ;)
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 2/20/07

Perhaps an electric blanket on the outside of the compressor. Then we could worry about what to do with the condensation on the outside of the tank. ;~)
Swingman wrote:
| Yeah, we really do need a good isothermal shop compressor on the | market.
I'd be happy to settle for an adiabatic discussion...
-- Morris Dovey DeSoto Solar DeSoto, Iowa USA http://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/Absorber.html

Would that theory be economically possible in this situation?
Leon wrote:
| || Swingman wrote: || ||| Yeah, we really do need a good isothermal shop compressor on the ||| market. || || I'd be happy to settle for an adiabatic discussion... | | Would that theory be economically possible in this situation?
In theory, yes - but (as we all know) in theory there is no difference between theory and reality, but in reality there is... :-|
-- Morris Dovey DeSoto Solar DeSoto, Iowa USA http://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/Absorber.html

This is simply false. Heating causes *evaporation*, not condensation.
Vapor condenses into liquid when it is either compressed, or cooled, or both. But *never* when heated unless simultaneously compressed by an even greater factor.
--
Regards,