Leaking Nailer Normal?

I just purchased a Senco FinishPro35 nailer and when I hooked it to the air hose I could hear air escaping around the trigger valve. It is very slight, as you don't hear it until you are 6-8" away from the value. The leak rate also seems to be the same for an operating pressure from 70-120 psi. I have tried cycling the value numerous times (both with and without air pressure) without any change in the leak rate. Is this condition serious enough to take it back for an exchange? Will this condition likely get worse with age?
As this is my first nailer I'm just not sure if this would be considered normal.
Thanks for any imput, Mark
I do not have that particular gun, but that does not sound normal. None of my 4 nailers (Senco framer, Duo-Fast 15ga., PC 18 ga., and Bostich Stapler) leak from anywhere. Unless you hear that it is normal for that gun, I wouldn't wait to see if it gets worse, I would take it right back.
Steve P.

air hose

you
seems
cycling
change
normal.

Agreed. None of mine or others I use leak at all. If its new, take it back.
Exchange it.
Mark wrote:

Take it back. It should not lead and it being a Senco really should not leak.

Not normal. I would exchange it.
Alternatively, you might try lubing it a couple times at the inlet, then firing it a bunch, then lubing it again, then firing a bunch again. I bought my (heavily used) framing nailer from a pawn shop. When I tried it out at the shop, we could clearly hear a leak. I got them to knock another $20 off the price so I could rebuild it. When I got home, I lubed as above, and it hasn't leaked since. I was working on a privacy fence, and got through three sections before the leak stopped. I ended up doing 50 8-foot sections, and never heard a peep out of it. Let us know if this works for you, Mike

I'm not sure, but isn't that an oil-less model? If so, adding oil will ruin the seals and require you to rebuild the entire gun. Make sure before you take action.
DAMHIKT
Tim Douglass
http://www.DouglassClan.com

air hose

you
If you're positive its not coming from the inlet - then nope, it's not normal. I say double check because my gun had what sounded like a leak from someplace else but in the end, another wrap of teflon tape around the inlet threads solved the problem.
I have the same gun. No leaks. Oil it well, and use it a while, this might solve the problem. If not, return it. --dave

Not normal. Bad O-ring. Either replace the seal, or better yet, return it for a Porter Cable.
Brian.

Umm anyone can build a bad unit. Why trade a BMW for a Chevrolet.
Umm anyone can build a bad unit. Why trade a BMW for a Chevrolet.
I strongly agree. I've had a few PC's and they are by no means bad, but the senco is better.