LCD-TV stand Inspiration Needed

I'm looking for a TV stand inspiration for a 46" LCD. I need 3-4 shelves underneath. No doors. Curved legs? Through tennons?
I haven't really found what I'm looking for design-wise. Arts-N-Crafts preferred.
I am struggling to find a design that gets me close to what I want that I can modify (not looking for plans-just a picture on-line)
--
Brian
www.garagewoodworks.com
Garage_Woodworks wrote:

http://www.greendesigns.com/index.html?store/living/neehi72

Wow! I like that a lot. Ok. That's got the creative neurons firing.
I downloaded their brochure and they have a design with no drawers. Looks cool.
Thanks!
--
Brian
www.garagewoodworks.com

They even have the dimensions and CAD drawings on their brochure!! What a bunch of sillies! :)

AND their prices...LOL

Certainly looks like it's experienced some Oriental influence. Something like that would be nice if the rest of the furniture complemented it.

If I didn't have my existing entertainment centre, I'd probably build and use a plain low level sideboard type of unit with the TV sitting on it's stand on top of it. It would be a very plain unit with lower shelves that would showcase the exotic looking LCD sitting on it. That's what I'd suggest. No doors, no curved anything. Any of that and it would clash with the TV. That's the showpiece, use it to that effect, at least that's how I feel.
Give me a little time and I'll post some pictures of my entertainment center conversion. I'm currently modifying it from it's original use for a 32" CRT TV to the 46" LCD TV I bought last December. In addition to the conversion problems, everything is compounded by the fact that the alterations are being done in my de facto workshop ~ my living room. I have to be really careful with dust and tools.
Garage_Woodworks wrote:

I've bookmarked a couple of entertainment center/TV cabinets, maybe these will point you in the direction you want:
Contemporary style (not A&C, but may give some ideas): Woodsmith #169 Feb/Mar 2007 pp 18 ff
Modern design with lift: Woodworker's Journal December 2006 pp 44 ff
General design considerations for flat screen TV furniture: Fine Woodworking March/April 2006 pp 74 ff
Hopefully that helps with some ideas.

Howdy.... Loooooooooonnnnnnnnng time lurker here.
This is my attempt at something curvy. You might like it:
http://www.jobsmacker.com/index2.html
This site is under development for an entirely different project I am working on... Although it may seem a shameless plug, it is just a convenient place to put a couple pictures. The JobSmacker stuff is a LONG way from being ready... so just ignore it. My Apache config is set up for about a half dozen simultaneous users right now, so if the link pukes, please wait a minute or two and wander back.
The shelf was born from me being sick of rectangles rectangles rectangles... After 6 months, it is doing very well... but cable management needs to be tackled sometime soon. :)
A pair of 1X3 oak strips were dado'd to accept the quarter-circle shelf (3/4" oak ply)... the 1X3 strips were screwed into the shelf, then the strips had enough "meat" above and below the shelf to tie into the wall studs. There was another longish 1X3 that I kerf bent for wrapping around the front, and then dado'd to accept the curved quarter circle shelf. I glued and screwed it in place, then added a thin oak strip along the front to hide the screws as well as help the shelf appear less bulky. The thin strip is what you see stained a little darker.
The uprights are a pair of Hogarth Curves... fatter at the top and bottom than in the middle. The line was laid out in my simple CAD program, and then printed out on a dozen sheets of paper which I "pasted" together to transfer the pattern onto the oak ply.
I used Birch ply for the shelves themselves, fitting them into dado's that were quite a challenge to cut on my tablesaw, since I don't have much in the way of an outfeed table. I have a really good fence, and referenced all the shelf dado's off of the feet of the uprights.
I made 4 more long oak strips to "face" the upright plywood, and it makes the whole upright look like solid wood. The strips were a little thicker, and I hand sanded a round profile on them which helps them look thinner than they actually are. The strips do well to hide the fronts of all the dados. They are just glued on, but I used a dozen clamps to get them to adhere to the curved profile.
I then cut more oak strips for the plywood shelf faces, stained them to match the horizontal quarter-circle shelf strip above them to sort of tie it all together. I then wood glued, and used brass escutcheon pins to attach the shelf facings for a nice touch.
I struggled a long time over whether or not to use through tenons for the shelf sides... but I like the clean look the way it turned out. After 6 months worth of mini-earthquakes here in Anchorage, all seems to be well. The TV is 4-5 years old, and I can't really afford a nice LCD/Plasma yet... but that sucker must weigh a couple hundred pounds. I am no slouch, but it just about kicked my butt to get that thing perched up there, and my shelf didn't whine or whimper NEARLY as much as I did. I forget just how big that TV is... but I think it is a 35 incher or thereabouts...
Thanks to everyone at the Wreck for inspirations past and present.
Cheers!
Royce

Just for an idea, I posted a picture at a.b.p.w. Stands about 36" tall.