laying wide oak floor boards tips

Hi, I am going to be laying new oak floor boards that are 230 x 22mm thick and am not entirely sure of best method.
It is to be laid on screed floor on batterns (50 x 50 approx 350 centres )in a sitting room but I am not sure if they need to be face nailed or can be fixed with hidden nail. The humidity seems to be within normal range but I will probably place batterns on dpm and ventilate void to outside.
The boards do not have any stress relief grooves on underside and because of width I have my doubts about using hidden nails only.
If they do need nailing through face what is the type of finishing tool I can use to set the nails correctly and recess slightly without marking surface.
Any advice much appreciated
Cleveleywoodworks
If you're into authentic, we use these nails on our colonial wide plank floors. some of them have a small dimple on the head which allows you to sink the nail, just leaving the dimple flush with the floor. I can't recall specifically which ones have the dimple on top, as we have been using the fire door clinch nails for several years now, so you'll have to enquire. Hope this helps! -dave http://www.tremontnail.com/tremont-flooring.htm
"cleveleywoodworks"

Dave,
Thanks for the tip I didnt know if there was anything you could use for setting a clincher type nail and driving home. I guess I will just have to be careful with the hammer to avoid compressing the wood. I know laying a hardened flat bar over the head for the last few blows minimises any damage. I quite like the colonial look as it is an 18th century cottage
Oh, yea, forgot to mention, a hammer works well to set the dimpled nails provided you are reasonably careful.