Lattice fence and gate

Hi guys
Just wondered if anyone could suggest how I can make an angled joint into a square 4 x 4 post? I will be having a gate followed by 2 diagonal pieces of lattice work approximately 4 feet in length and joining the rest of the fence. So in other words I will have a fence and a gate which is in front of the fence by about 2 feet. I am wondering how to join the angled fence struts to the posts?
Thanks for any help