lathe on CL

I would love to have this myself, I've got too much iron out in the wild already.

basilisk

Reply to
basilisk

I would like to have that too. But it's not in the cards.

Reply to
woodchucker

I'm second guessing myself now, can I really let an Oliver go? and I'm not that far from Columbus, only 152 miles...

basilisk

Reply to
basilisk

I remember using that Oliver in school when I was a kid. That was a great lathe. I've been looking for one like that, but closer to home, and when I am employed, so I can afford that.

I remember watching the shop teacher use the outboard face to turn a huge picture frame, The frame was square, but the inner part was round and he did the molding right on the frame. It was very impressive.

Reply to
woodchucker

That's the one I used in school too. I could have never told you it was an "Oliver". Looking back, I don't think they knocked themselves out keeping the gouges sharp. Maybe for the best, the idea of sharpening them was never mentioned....

Bill

Reply to
Bill

Lew