lathe on CL

http://columbusga.craigslist.org/hvo/4279562495.html
I would love to have this myself, I've got too much iron out in the wild already.
basilisk
On 1/9/2014 9:00 PM, basilisk wrote:

I would like to have that too. But it's not in the cards.
--
Jeff

On 01/09/2014 08:26 PM, woodchucker wrote:

I'm second guessing myself now, can I really let an Oliver go? and I'm not that far from Columbus, only 152 miles...
basilisk
On 1/9/2014 9:43 PM, basilisk wrote:

I remember using that Oliver in school when I was a kid. That was a great lathe. I've been looking for one like that, but closer to home, and when I am employed, so I can afford that.
I remember watching the shop teacher use the outboard face to turn a huge picture frame, The frame was square, but the inner part was round and he did the molding right on the frame. It was very impressive.
--
Jeff

woodchucker wrote:

That's the one I used in school too. I could have never told you it was an "Oliver". Looking back, I don't think they knocked themselves out keeping the gouges sharp. Maybe for the best, the idea of sharpening them was never mentioned....
Bill

"Mike Marlow" wrote:

And now you know.
Lew