Lathe motor

I recently acquired a Boice Crane 6x48 lathe, with no model # or other information available. The motor with it is a 1/3 hp "fan and blower" motor. If anyone has information as to the correct motor to use with this lathe, I would appreciate it. I have tried to contact Boice Crane Parts and other old woodworking tools groups, but have had no success. Thanks.
snipped-for-privacy@netzero.net wrote: > I recently acquired a Boice Crane 6x48 lathe, with no model # or other > information available. The motor with it is a 1/3 hp "fan and blower" > motor. If anyone has information as to the correct motor to use with > this lathe, I would appreciate it. I have tried to contact Boice Crane > Parts and other old woodworking tools groups, but have had no success.
You can use a general purpose motor for this application.
I'd probably select a 1/2HP, 1750RPM, cap start, TEFC, foot mount operating at 120V/1PH/60HZ.
Got a Grainger near you?
Lew
snipped-for-privacy@netzero.net wrote:

Look for a data plate on the motor and replace with the same type.