Lathe lessons?

I was given a lathe today by a *good* neighbor. (her husband passed away a few months ago) Is there a newsgroup for "turners"? I'm actually looking for a video or book on using a lathe.
Thanks,
Max

rec.crafts.woodturning
There are lots of clubs around too. If you are in NY check out Northeastern Woodworkers Association.
John

Found it. Many thanks.
Max (in El Paso) uh....................that's Texas. {:-)

Hey, Max, come on over to Houston on the 3rd Saturday for the Gulf Coast Woodturners meeting. Lets see, El Paso to Houston and back, plus running out to lunch..... should be about 1600 miles round trip if you don't go very far for lunch. . A good weekend jaunt.
http://www.woodturner.org/community/chapters/LocalChapters.asp
Scroll down for Borderline Chapter, in El Paso.
Sonny

Found it. Thank you.
Max
Now just figure that by horseback or wagon! Might be every other year - 320 days for a round trip. Hum new horse every day on the fast pace route.
Martin
Roy wrote:

We made that trip in late 2008. Stopped in Fredericksburg, San Antonio, Houston, Corpus Christi, Brownsville, Del Rio, Alpine and back home. Nice trip. Took a little more than a weekend though. We were gone 5 weeks. {:-)
Max
"Max" wrote:

---------------------------------------- Do you have a community college in your area?
The CC in my area has a lathe class as well as other woodworking programs.
Lew

We have a large CC. They have woodworking classes but no class for a lathe. I contacted the local woodturning club and expect to attend their next meeting.
Max