Lathe gloat

CL came through in spades on my lathe search. Two year old Rikon midi with about 20 turning tools -- Sorby and Wood River; Nova three jaw chuck, 11 inch bowl jaw, tool sharpening gadget, beal buffer and ... about 40 pounds of turning blocks, about 30 wood turning magazines. $400. Only downside is that I had to drive 240 miles to pick it up.

Now I just need to learn how to use it .

Larry

Reply to
Gramp's shop

Sorry... no downside there. You scored very well, and if you have any doubts, just look at the pricing on some of the tools you bought, especially the Sorbys. Can't think off hand of a usable Sorby tool less than about $60 these days.

The chuck at $200+, bowl jaws at about $80, the Beall system at $75 or so, turning blocks, etc.....

You did quite well.

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41