Latex Paint - Tacky/Sticky finish days after painting - Solutions?

Page 2 of 2
On Wednesday, April 2, 2008 at 2:43:02 PM UTC-4, schooner wrote:

I know this thread is 7 years old, but I gotta ask...
Does anyone know of any objects that don't have a "definite weight"?
DerbyDad03 wrote:

On Friday, May 1, 2015 at 8:34:51 PM UTC-4, Bill wrote:

Color me slow. I don't get it.
DerbyDad03 wrote:

A greeting card is unlikely to mar the surface. It's not a joke, I'm just explaining to you what the OP meant! Of course, if the greeting card hasn't been moved after 7 years there may be damage from the sun... Don't forget, you brought it up, not me. <ducking>
On Saturday, May 2, 2015 at 12:20:09 AM UTC-4, Bill wrote:

I see your point, however, I was not asking about objects that wouldn't mar the surface. I was commenting on the use of the word "definite" in the ema il the OP recieved.
As far as I know, all objects (even the lowly greeting card) have a "defini te" weight. Of course, one could argue that getting card might weigh one am ount when new, then weigh a different amount once it is signed since the in k has weight, but as long as the object is described properly (a signed gre eting card) it has a "definite weight".
DerbyDad03 wrote:

Definite weight could mean definitely distant from weight 0. Think of it as a colloquialism. Mildly amusing is that if it were not for gravity, you wouldn't have to wait as their would be no weight--so you would have wait 0.
replying to schooner, Gene wrote:

I painted over a bathroom cabinet w/ a formica finish after sanding the formica and painting a primer coat to help with adhesion. I used Behr Premium Plus Int/Ext Gloss Enamel. The color and finish look great, but even after 6 weeks (getting close to 8 weeks) I have the same problem. Stuff seems to stick a little before releasing. The paint is holding well, but that tack is aggravating.
On 5/1/2015 4:44 PM, Gene wrote:

You really have to go with a top of the line premium latex paint if you want it to not "stick" to items placed on or against it. Especially in a humid environment. Alternatively an Alkyd oil based paint would be a better choice, in a good brand also.
replying to schooner, Rose Duck wrote: roseduck