Latex Paint and Accuspray #10 Gun What is the best set up?

I have tried different needle and noozle setups for this gun to spray latex paint. From a .051 noozle and a #9 air cap, what seems to work best is a .036 noozle and a #6 air cap. The turbine is a Capspray 4 stage turbine model number is 9100. The paint has been thinned down. Any thoughts on this matter. thanks in advance.
I am using a 2.0 nozzel and cap to spray latex that is thinned about 25 - 30% with water. I also have my paint guy add Flotrol to any paint we might spray. Works great for me.
AZCRAIG
www.azcraig.us

What air cap do you use and what does a 2.0 nozzle equal in decimal? thanks for your answer
Jeff,
I bought my 2.0 nozzel, cap, and needle on Ebay, new for $30.00 they seem to be universal. The 2.0 was suggested for latex.
AZCRAIG
www.azcraig.us

Jeff wrote:

I have a #10 gun also. I use the .061 tip for latex. works like a charm. thin the paint with no more than 20%, including Floetrol. sprays like a champ! Use whatever cap you need for desired fan width. you shouldn't have any trouble using a .061--just strain the paint, add the Floetrol and water, and get on with it.
dave
Bay Area Dave wrote:

I left out "water" after "20%".
dave

Thanks for the answers. For some reason the larger the noozle the larger the paint droplets. This in turn does not lay down a fine coat. I will try a .061. thanks
Jeff wrote:

If you want more information, I suggest you give Compliant Spray Systems in San Clemente, CA, a call. 1-800-696-0615 . Jeff is the owner and his wife (IIRC her name is Phyliss, but don't quote me) both can help with tip choices. My hunch is they will suggest the .061. :) I would presume that a .051 might work. Don't add any more water than necessary, and don't forget the Floetrol for good flow-out.
dave

Homesteadfinishing.com is now carrying and supporting Accuspray equipment (I also have the ten gun). Jeff Jewitt (site owner and forum mod) has always been excellent about answering questions like these.