latex and poly compatability

I'm painuing my kitchen cabinets using a latex based paint. Latex doesn't seem to be as durable as oil so I'd like to put a coat of water based poly on top. Will the poly stick?
Before anybody asks " why don't you just use oil", I already have the paint/poly on hand from other projects
Jeremy
Go and purchase new finish material for this project and do it right.
--
Rumpty

Fri, Feb 20, 2004, 4:14pm snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (nyboy10128) I'm painuing my kitchen cabinets using a latex based paint. Latex doesn't seem to be as durable as oil so I'd like to put a coat of water based poly on top. Will the poly stick? Before anybody asks " why don't you just use oil", I already have the paint/poly on hand from other projects
I paint my banks with interior/exterior latex, and top with water base poly. No prob. Just scroll down a bit, if you want to look at some. http://community-2.webtv.net/Jakofalltrades/SOMETHINGSIVEMADE /
JOAT Georges Clemenceau supposedly said, "War is too important a matter to be left to the military". If this is so, it is then obvious that peace is too precious to be left to politicians.
Life just ain't life without good music. - JOAT Web Page Update 28 Feb 2004. Some tunes I like. http://community-2.webtv.net/Jakofalltrades/SOMETUNESILIKEVOCALS /