Latest project - yet another box

Latest project. Yet another box. This one made of a new wood for me, Australian wormy chestnut.
Pics at
http://home.earthlink.net / ~nateperkins1/Woodworking/projects/sbbox/sbbox.htm
or http://tinyurl.com/dfbju
"Nate Perkins" wrote in message

Beautiful wood, and beautiful work. There is something I love about "boxes", but don't get a chance to make them often, which is probably a good thing for the available space remaining .... one of these days.
Is Australian Chestnut readily available?
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 5/14/05
Swingman wrote:

My lumber yard had it as a one-time purchase. I'm not sure that botanically it is a true chestnut (probably someone more knowledgeable than me will pitch in). There's some online info at http://www.australwood.com/flyers/ProdDSheets/9689%20Australian%20Wormy%20Chest.pdf

http://www.australwood.com/flyers/ProdDSheets/9689%20Australian%20Wormy%20Chest.pdf
The flyer above sez that "Australian Chestnut" refers to a few Eucalyptus species; true chestnuts are of the Castenea genus, and don't grow in Oz AFAIK.
Jason

Yep, I figured it was something like that. Thanks for the info!

Beautiful! And I'm touched by your generosity towards your son's teacher.
We're trying to remember to say thanks (Gift Certificates) to our kid's teachers too. They work so hard, get paid so little, and often spend their own money on things the school should pay for!
Why such important people are paid so little is always lost on me...